Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

There are 2 questions I am unsure about how to answer.

1. When it asks for marial status: do you write your current status with your sponser? or previous status? - sponser and partner were previously both divorced from previous partners and are now married under the islamic law. What marital status would i write?

Secondly, both partners (now married to eachother) have a child each from their previous partner. one is British and the other is not. The partner's child will not be travelling with them and the sponsor is not sponsoring the partners child either- as child lives with mother at separare address and with mutual consent the child will remain with the mother as sole responsibilty. On section 4 - who fills in the your children section and what do they write on 4.22 if the child is not travelling with them and does not live in the UK? - its abit confusing given the situation.

Also, if this is the situation who will have to complete part 5? or will it even be applicable to fill out?

Please help?

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Yes, you have to give details of children, and write under 'Other information' they aren't travelling or living in UK.
You need to be more patient. We are all answering queries in our free time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, on the visa4uk form the a section "travel information" list every one whose traveling, there a little pen on the side...click on that and you can add addresses passport number etc...

therew is another section called " dependent children" if they are under 16...... list every child you and your husband has, click the pen again, address passport number etc...and the is a button or a tick for traveling or not traveling for each child....of course you can add it to the more info...but that how we done...

also we add all the children birth certificates those who were traveling and those who were not...

will

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you will - appreciate for your reply. But I am doing the VAF4A form by paper and not online. I have downloaded and printed the form and my husband will submit by hand with appendix 2. What would be the paper option to complete that the section is OK to leave sections that are not applicable to you to answer just blank?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank you will - appreciate for your reply. But I am doing the VAF4A form by paper and not online. I have downloaded and printed the form and my husband will submit by hand with appendix 2. What would be the paper option to complete that the section is OK to leave sections that are not applicable to you to answer just blank?
The VAF4A form must be completed online (depending on which country your husband is applying from), otherwise most likely it'll be a certain refusal. Or you may not even be allowed to submit it at the Visa Application Centre.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is applying from Pakistan but surely you can complete it by paper? It says on the border agency website download complete and submit with appendix 2 form?

Can you not complete this form by paper and hand the whole application by hand?

·
Registered
579 Posts
He is applying from Pakistan but surely you can complete it by paper? It says on the border agency website download complete and submit with appendix 2 form?

It depends on which country you apply from.

Anyone applying from Pakistan, must complete the application online.

See "Completed visa application form"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

·
Registered
579 Posts
Also, once the online application has been completed and submitted online + fees paid for. You must then print out the application and submit a copy along with Appendix 2 and all the supporting documents.

Have you got your documents ready?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been doing a paper copy up until now oh no! Can you please help advise if an application is made in Pakistan if an online submission is required?

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts

No. Unless he's applying from North Korea which he's obviously not he must complete the online application and pay online before he can attend the visa application centre and have biometrics taken.

From the Gov.uk website:

Apply outside the UK
You must apply online for this visa.

You may have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you need to pay before you apply.

You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre as part of your application.

You may be able to get your visa faster or other services depending on what country you’re in - check with your visa application centre.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well I've been doing a paper copy up until now oh no! Can you please help advise if an application is made in Pakistan if an online submission is required?
This is the link for completing the VAF4A online: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

You can complete it, submit it, pay the fees and book the appointment for the Biometrics all yourself from the UK.

Then once all that is done and you've printed a copy of the completed application, you can send it or take it to Pakistan along with all the other documents and evidence you'll be providing. All your husband needs to do is sign it include his own documents and submit it at his biometrics appointment.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank you so much for this!! I can't believe I have been doing something wrong
No problem.

Post a list of all the supporting documents you'll be submitting with the application when you're ready, so that you don't miss out anything!

·
Registered
29 Posts
the online version below is new vaf4...the paper version do not complete

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

and you need complete..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need help- I will post a list of the documents that I will be sending, I will first now need to sort the online form thing out. As I am hoping to apply in August - September time when can I start to apply? Also, do I have to pay first before I can apply online?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I need help- I will post a list of the documents that I will be sending, I will first now need to sort the online form thing out. As I am hoping to apply in August - September time when can I start to apply? Also, do I have to pay first before I can apply online?
You can apply as soon as you have all your documents together. Make sure that your last bank statement is not more than 28 days old and if it's not original, meaning you printed it out, you will need to get it stamped by your bank and or back it up with a cover letter from your bank stating it's original and authentic. Every single payslip must also correspond with your bank statements.

It's all too common for visa's to get refused if there's even a penny's difference between the bank statement and payslip or if they're not within the same timeframe.

You pay once you have completed the online application and are completely satisfied with the information you've entered. Go over everything again and again so that you can pick up on any mistakes which you may have made. Then submit and pay for it.

Since you're applying after 6th April, remember to pay the £600 IHS fee as well and write the reference number on the application by hand once you get it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.