Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently helping my husband's grandma write an invitation of accommodation letter as part of the accommodation requirement. She is a UK citizen - do I need to include a copy of her passport in the application to prove so?

Also for the supporting documents we have photos of all rooms in the house, a water bill, council tax statement and an old water insurance bill from 2012. Will this suffice? Having trouble finding any other bills or documents as they have everything online now!

Thanks
Kat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a copy of the letter we have written. Any advice welcome :)

To Whom it may Concern,

Regarding:
[husband], DOB: xxx, British Nationality
[me], DOB: xxx, Australian Nationality

My husband, XX, and I are writing as British citizens who have resided in England for the duration of our lives. We would like to invite our grandson, XX, and his wife XX, to live with us when they first arrive to settle in the UK. The address for this property is:

[address]

The property is a four bedroom house, with three additional rooms comprising the living room, dining room and study. Currently my husband and I are the only two residing here and there is adequate room to accommodate my grandson and his wife. I have enclosed two recent utility bills and a council tax statement to support ownership and the fact that there are only two persons living in this property currently. We also include photographs of our house to demonstrate the available space.

I confirm that the property is entirely owned by my husband and I and we have done so for several decades. There will be no charge to my husband and his wife for the accommodation, bills or anything else relating to the property during their stay.

I understand that this arrangement is only temporary until they can find more permanent accommodations in the UK, as that is their plan. However we are happy for them to stay with us for as long as they require.

As stated above, I enclose the following evidence:
1 Council tax statement as proof of ownership and property type
2 Two water bills as proof of continuing habitation
3 Photographs showing living conditions and available space

If you should require any further information or clarification please feel free to contact me on or [phone].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.