Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm American, currently living in New York, and will be applying to join my English fiance in London next spring in advance of our August wedding. We're not quite ready to begin the official application process (or to open an online application) but have been starting to assemble the relevant information and documentation.

With that, I'm wondering if the online application is identical to the VAF4A PDF available online--I realize that I'm required to apply online, but I'm wondering if I can assume the questions on the online form will match what I've seen on the PDF.

If the two are not identical, would anyone familiar with the current online application be able to answer the following?:

1. Does it ask for specific dates of past NHS treatment? I was in the UK on a student visa a few years back and used the NHS a couple of times for birth control (and was eligible to do so based on my visa). I have all of the information requested on the VAF4A PDF but don't remember the precise dates and am wondering if I'll need to try to get this info from the practice.

2. Does it ask whether the applicant has been issued a National Insurance number? It looks like the PDF doesn't.

If there are other major differences between the PDF and the online application, those would be great to hear about as well. Thanks for reading, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to be annoying, but I thought I'd give this another try--if anyone knows whether the application asks for exact dates of NHS treatment, in particular, that would be great to know.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sorry to be annoying, but I thought I'd give this another try--if anyone knows whether the application asks for exact dates of NHS treatment, in particular, that would be great to know.
No, you do not need to put exact dates of NHS treatment. Just give what information you can remember. As you say, you were entitled to the treatment anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.