Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
981 - 1000 of 1024 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Good to see some positivity x
We are now both fully vaccinated and have our certificates both on paper and digitally. Everyone I know has now been doubly Vaccinated both here and UK except 18yr old niece who had her first last Thursday

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just a headsup for anyone waiting for a new appointment for their 2nd AZ that was cancelled. I have received no text today but have gleaned from other fora that you need to download GVA+ app on your phone, enter your DOB, scan the barcode on your SIP, confirm sip number and any appointments are then revealed. Mine is for one day earlier than the cancelled one. Valencia region, born Jan 1956.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Just a headsup for anyone waiting for a new appointment for their 2nd AZ that was cancelled. I have received no text today but have gleaned from other fora that you need to download GVA+ app on your phone, enter your DOB, scan the barcode on your SIP, confirm sip number and any appointments are then revealed. Mine is for one day earlier than the cancelled one. Valencia region, born Jan 1956.
This is the Valencia healthcare app. You can use it for appointments and prescritions etc. You can get your digital certificate for vaccination here. I only have confirmation of 1st dose no date for 2nd

·
Registered
U.K.
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
Anybody know where I can find official source for Covid cases in the balearics and canary Islands ???

·
Administrator
36,604 Posts
In my comunidad, Valencia, they have announced that they will start on the 30s at the beginning of August. Currently doing the 40s.

My age group, 60-65 was given AstraZenica & told that we would be sent an appointment for the second in 12 weeks. I know that in some health regions the second AZ appointment was given at the same time as the first, but they didn't do that in mine (Marina Alta)

My second appointment came through last night for Monday. 11 weeks after the first jab.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I luckily passed on the moderna vaccine. 2 shots? Why? So was very happy when I got the sms for the J & J.

With all the news and reports about how effective this vaccine is against the new variant - delta and all the poor people with just under 30% protection waiting for their 2nd jab; I think I made the right choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In my comunidad, Valencia, they have announced that they will start on the 30s at the beginning of August. Currently doing the 40s.

My age group, 60-65 was given AstraZenica & told that we would be sent an appointment for the second in 12 weeks. I know that in some health regions the second AZ appointment was given at the same time as the first, but they didn't do that in mine (Marina Alta)

My second appointment came through last night for Monday. 11 weeks after the first jab.
I'm 67 in Madrid. Just received second AZ appointment for next week. It will be 9 weeks after first so they are definitely accelerating.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Likewise. I was given an appointment for the 20th July when I received my first vaccination. Last night I had a text to say that it's now on Monday.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yep last night me too. 2nd jab Monday AZ. Big push now to get the 60 70 group done as contagions in Spain are rising fast and they need all vulnerable groups complete as soon as possible

·
Registered
19,422 Posts
I'm 67 in Madrid. Just received second AZ appointment for next week. It will be 9 weeks after first so they are definitely accelerating.
And they definitely don't go in order within the age group as I know people of 60/ 61 who got their second shot weeks ago and even people of the next age group down

·
Registered
U.K.
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
And they definitely don't go in order within the age group as I know people of 60/ 61 who got their second shot weeks ago and even people of the next age group down
We've been vaccinating the 40-50s with Jansen. It's definitely accelerating here too

·
Administrator
36,604 Posts
Had my second jab just before 1pm yesterday.

I uploaded my EU covid vaccination cert & printed a copy a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
We've been vaccinating the 40-50s with Jansen. It's definitely accelerating here too
Everyone in my area I know are posting that they received SMS Saturday night for 2nd jab this week ( 60-70 group) so good news and impressive work from the Valencia Salud!

·
Administrator
36,604 Posts
No. I just went to the website, filled in my details. I was sent a text with an access code which I input & the cert was generated.

This is the Comunidad Valenciana

This article has links for the other comunidades

·
Registered
631 Posts
Maybe teaching Grandma to suck eggs here, but, once you have the PDF cert on your phone you can create a desktop link icon so that you are just one click away from producing it. Go to files, go to downloads, find your PDF, hold it under your finger until it changes, then click the 3 dots and choose create desktop icon.

981 - 1000 of 1024 Posts