Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
961 - 980 of 1024 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Because apparently you can still be infected and not actually ill so that means you could be a carrier which means capable of spreading virus and as international travel appears to the most obvious way that different variants can cross borders then allowing unchecked travellers could undermine the vaccine program.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Pfizer/BioNTech, AZ vaccines effective against Delta COVID-19 variant after two doses
Pfizer/BioNTech and AZ vaccines found to be 96% and 92% effective against variant, respectively

New real-world study data from Public Health England (PHE) has demonstrated that two doses of either Pfizer/BioNTech or AstraZeneca’s (AZ) COVID-19 vaccines are ‘highly’ effective against the Delta variant (previously known as the Indian variant).

The study included 14,019 individuals in England who had tested positive for the Delta variant, of which 166 were hospitalised between 12 April and 4 June.

According to the data, the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was 96% effective against hospitalisation or death caused by the Delta variant following two doses.
The AZ vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalisation or death from the Delta variant after two doses.

·
Administrator
36,603 Posts
How are illegal non residents, including 1,000s of British still living under the radar receiving COVID 19 vaccinations?
It means popping their heads above the parapet, but they can register for the vaccine at the local centro de salud

Some insist on seeing proof of health insurance, but others seem to accept padrón & NIE, or even EHIC.

·
Registered
563 Posts
How are illegal non residents, including 1,000s of British still living under the radar receiving COVID 19 vaccinations?
They wont be. I assume most will be more concerned with the knock at the door to remove them back to Blighty :) :) :)

Im a legal resident (have my TIE) and have visited the local doctors to 'sign on' for a temp card as we have private medical still.
We were told both in Spanish (took a translator who is well known at the clinic) and in English by the Doctor walking past.

'we will put you on the list but you will have to wait for everyone else first'

We said thank you and we will wait for our calls.

The lady in the reception speaks English when she wants to and mumbled something about people abusing the Spanish system and we should go home for the jab. :)
Our translator wanted to say something but I stopped her. She reckons the receptionist is rude to every foreigner who goes in there, even those with good Spanish.
Which when you consider there is just over 5000 population in the town and about 32% non Spanish, she must be rude a fair amount of the time :)

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If they are mixing with the population it is in Spain’s interest to vaccinate regardless. That is why Gibraltar vaccinated all the workers coming in from La Linea.
on Tv news today they were interviewing young people in London queuing for the mass 18+ jabs. Nearly everyone if them in the queue was foreign.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Judging by the pics I've seen in the media regarding London 18+ mass jabbing the take up doesn't seem that great, quite the opposite in fact

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Judging by the pics I've seen in the media regarding London 18+ mass jabbing the take up doesn't seem that great, quite the opposite in fact
Seemed very busy shown on the news channels although I wouldn’t have been bothered at their age. Perhaps they are hedging their bets incase the EU passport becomes the norm or they want to go to a pop festival.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It means popping their heads above the parapet, but they can register for the vaccine at the local centro de salud

Some insist on seeing proof of health insurance, but others seem to accept padrón & NIE, or even EHIC.
This appears to be a serious issue for Spain and many other countries. How is COVID 19 ever going to be eliminated if illegal’s are not vaccinated? A real dilemma for the government, admit they have illegal’s and work out a vaccine immunity plan or bury their heads in the sand and let COVID 19 exist forever.

I don’t see what health insurance has to do with COVID, you cannot get a vaccination privately, is this just another nonsense made up by the bureaucrats. Padrons are normally only issued to residents (but that depends on the day of the week). NIE means nothing. EHIC is what it says ‘’insurance’’.

So beware British residents’ in Spain, Del Boy your pool cleaner, gardener, decorator, airport taxi and dog sitter may not be vaccinated, but of course he is cheap with your back pocket money and that is all that matters to some.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This appears to be a serious issue for Spain and many other countries. How is COVID 19 ever going to be eliminated if illegal’s are not vaccinated? A real dilemma for the government, admit they have illegal’s and work out a vaccine immunity plan or bury their heads in the sand and let COVID 19 exist forever.

I don’t see what health insurance has to do with COVID, you cannot get a vaccination privately, is this just another nonsense made up by the bureaucrats. Padrons are normally only issued to residents (but that depends on the day of the week). NIE means nothing. EHIC is what it says ‘’insurance’’.

So beware British residents’ in Spain, Del Boy your pool cleaner, gardener, decorator, airport taxi and dog sitter may not be vaccinated, but of course he is cheap with your back pocket money and that is all that matters to some.
Thanks for the heads up 😂:ROFLMAO:😂

·
Administrator
36,603 Posts
Pretty much all the Del Boys seem to have disappeared in my town! Lots have returned to the UK in the past year, but that's another story for a different thread.

The best we can do is to become vaccinated ourselves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty much all the Del Boys seem to have disappeared in my town! Lots have returned to the UK in the past year, but that's another story for a different thread.

The best we can do is to become vaccinated ourselves.
Hello xabiaxica

That is a wise answer and good advice. I suppose illegal’s are not the priority at the moment but will eventually have to be dealt with.

I noticed you are no longer a SUPER MODERATOR have you been promoted?

·
Administrator
36,603 Posts
Hello xabiaxica

That is a wise answer and good advice. I suppose illegal’s are not the priority at the moment but will eventually have to be dealt with.

Our titles were all changed when the site got its facelift.

The pay's the same, as is the voluntary job ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hello xabiaxica

What, as in rounded up and forcibly jabbed?

961 - 980 of 1024 Posts