Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
941 - 960 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
What will happen in UK if they find by March that the first set of "vulnerable" (really meaning elderly) persons start to lose immunity? This is very interesting because since no one knows for certain how effective this vaccine is for anyone, it could also mean that they didn't lose the "immunity" they never had to begin with but they did eventually become gravely ill as a result of having taken the first shot, which many people propose is the exact intention of the "vaccine" and the reason many elderly people, particularly, are not interested in starting the clock on their own demise.
Your information is out of date. High number have received 2 doses, time has been cut to 8 weeks or less in UK. A notice today in W. Sussex advertising an extra 1050 appointments tomorrow for over 18s.

From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
United Kingdom
Doses givenFully vaccinated% of population fully vaccinated
65.7M
26.1M
39.1%
39.1%
Worldwide
Doses givenFully vaccinated% of population fully vaccinated
2.02B
+35.7M
+35,700,000
443M
+4.03M
+4,030,000
5.7%
5.7%
+0.1%
+0.1%
https://google.com/covid19-map/?hl=en-GB&mid=/m/07ssc&state=7

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
What will happen in UK if they find by March that the first set of "vulnerable" (really meaning elderly) persons start to lose immunity? This is very interesting because since no one knows for certain how effective this vaccine is for anyone, it could also mean that they didn't lose the "immunity" they never had to begin with but they did eventually become gravely ill as a result of having taken the first shot, which many people propose is the exact intention of the "vaccine" and the reason many elderly people, particularly, are not interested in starting the clock on their own demise.
Not quite sure why you mention the UK - the subject is surely relevant to anywhere.

Anyway - the UK is going to give boosters this autumn.

Maybe more suitable for this thread ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have just read that Andalucia will be the first area with the COVID Passport. All those over 65 will receive, by post, their passports. All others with have to obtain it from the Salud Andalucia app. Well done them

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Meanwhile those of us who are 60 but have children are going to be severely discriminated against. 16 weeks before 2nd dose and kids no vax yet. So not much hope of visiting elderly grandparents this summer and maybe have to wait til Christmas which will be two years since last travel. Still it's the young who now have sacrificed the most.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
My son's school has a large outbreak of Covid. It is connected to the nightclub in Torrevieja which ,unbelievably had a big end of term party. 50 odd people have officially been tested positive but my students have said lots of people are not admitting they were there as they dont want to be quarantined. It just shows how active it is and how dangerous these large discos are.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Just got my vaccine. Considering that I was first forecast to be vaccinated at end August I think they've caught up quite well. I got the J&J single dose jab so that's me done (until the variant top ups become necessary...)

Was nice to see the Wanda Metroplitano, hadn't been there before. The grass looks in poor condition though!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I actually received an sms on may 29 for 1st shot appointment on June 2 and 2nd on June 30th. I missed the sms. Did not see it as it came in at 3:29am so probably got marked as read or cleared from the home screen upon waking up.

Called yesterday after seeing it for the first time and was told to be on the lookout Monday morning for another...

I wish I had a choice as I would choose the JnJ over the moderna...

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #952 ·
I'm fully vaccinated, had to delay devine by four days due to having to have a scan . Husband is having jab two on Friday.
I'm surprised there is so much chatter about the UK on this thread. I thought we lived in Spain!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just received the sms for June 23.. Janssen.. Always my first choice..

I was dis made when they announced it for the 40-49 age range - 51 here.. Guess they have extra doses..

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If current data is right then the AZ vaccine which has been used on the elderly in Spain might only offer 60% effectiveness against the Delta variant, then doesn't that mean that quite a large number of people will possibly become infected when the variant starts to take off in Spain?

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
If current data is right then the AZ vaccine which has been used on the elderly in Spain might only offer 60% effectiveness against the Delta variant, then doesn't that mean that quite a large number of people will possibly become infected when the variant starts to take off in Spain?
The AZ vaccine wasn't used on those 70 and over in Spain, only on some of those aged 60-69 (some of those were given Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen) and essential workers under 60.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The AZ vaccine wasn't used on those 70 and over in Spain, only on some of those aged 60-69 (some of those were given Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen) and essential workers under 60.
Ahh.. I though it was used on all over 60 but not under 60. My mistake. The other vaccines are much more effective.

·
Registered
762 Posts
At preventing the Delta variant infecting you so as you become ill
So if they do as you say what exactly is your problem with allowing vaccinated people from travelling? Or is it just AZ vaccinated people that you think shouldn't be allowed to travel?

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Not what I have read...where is the link.

941 - 960 of 1077 Posts