Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
921 - 940 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hi Alcalaina, Thanks as I was just wondering maybe I didn't complete something else. It sounds like that is only for small groups to be called yet in 50-59 years. That is strange your husband is still waiting. I will wait a few weeks as I'm not really worried about it just know need it to travel in the future.
Make sure you provided them with a Spanish phone number as they sometimes phone not always a SMS.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hi, I have private healthcare and just moved to Marbella in late March. I signed up with Junta de Andalucia public health just for vaccine. I see today they say in Andalucia vaccination (according to Sur from yesterday) for 52-53 now and 50-51 next week. I'm 55 and never was contacted. Any suggestions? Thanks
In Andalucia for this age group they aren't sending vaccine appointments (for the most part). You have to phone and make the appointment yourself once your age group is eligible. Ring 955 54 50 60 . Or you can ask at the health center where you're registered. If you're in the system you can also make the appointment yourself on the clicsalud+ website or app, or the saludresponde app.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Andalucia for this age group they aren't sending vaccine appointments (for the most part). You have to phone and make the appointment yourself once your age group is eligible. Ring 955 54 50 60 . Or you can ask at the health center where you're registered. If you're in the system you can also make the appointment yourself on the clicsalud+ website or app, or the saludresponde app.
Hi Kalohi, thanks for the information as I thought they were sending SMS or calling all age groups.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, thank you all for your help as that was the expectation is I would go to website or call them. I went in to website and entered the data and appointment is setup for Monday now.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
A friend of mine who is 50 will be vaccinated tomorrow in Madrid!
Edging ever closer to the 40-somethings!

·
Administrator
36,717 Posts
A friend of mine who is 50 will be vaccinated tomorrow in Madrid!
Edging ever closer to the 40-somethings!
Yes, lots of 50s who I know have been or are about to be vaccinated, too, in the Valencia region, & I saw on the news that 40s are now being done in several regions.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
I thought UK was stopping second vaccination.
Not sure where that information comes from. My daughter and son in law (34 &36) get their second on Wednesday. Everyone in my family UK based have had two jabs

My second was cancelled last week as I had a CT scan the following day. Hospital phoned this morning. Second dose on Wednesday moderna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure where that information comes from. My daughter and son in law (34 &36) get their second on Wednesday. Everyone in my family UK based have had two jabs

My second was cancelled last week as I had a CT scan the following day. Hospital phoned this morning. Second dose on Wednesday moderna
How come your daughter an son in law are getting vaccinated early? are they in a hotspot? my brother had his second brought forward but he is over 50.
I'm late 40s but don't have 2nd jab till early july.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #932 ·
How come your daughter an son in law are getting vaccinated early? are they in a hotspot? my brother had his second brought forward but he is over 50.
I'm late 40s but don't have 2nd jab till early july.
Nope. Live near Chichester...other daughter lives in Nottingham Nottinghamshire second jab July ,2nd all unde 39.
They are not getting vaccinated early they're getting vaccinated when they're called in. No medical conditions etc. Only my son in law who is a chef was called due to his job , he volunteered during furlough to work in a nursing home preparing food and feeding residents. He was offered a vaccine back in February.
Many regions are also doing over 18s now.

Edited
Daughters friends in East Sussex in thirties all had first vaccine, she says everyone she knows in her age bracket had had at least one. Like many things post code lottery

·
Registered
284 Posts
Later this week, I return to Spain after an extended stay in the United States getting vaccinated and visiting the kids. I am glad I came to get the Pfizer. I was offered the Astra-Zeneca in Spain but turned it down before I Ieft to come here. Thinking things through, EU will recognize anybody as vaccinated that has an EU-approved vaccine. As a result, I am good in the EU with the Pfizer. The AZ is not approved in the United States and will likely not get approval. As a result, perhaps down the road, the US will not recognize my AZ vaccination. This would potentially limit travel.

They are now vaccinating anyone over 12 with Pfizer. My 13 year old nephew got his first jab a couple of weeks ago.
Health departments have signs on the highway offering the one jab Johnson and Johnson at rest stops. Here there is no reason other than stupidity to not have been vaccinated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry not sure where to pos. For obvious reasons we are desperate for daughters and grandchildren to visit, and whilst the U.K. appears to be forging ahead with thier vaccination program,I’m struggling to find regional statistics for Spain, mainly because I’m very tired and can’t function properly. Any easy links would be greatly appreciated as would not knocking the EU etc just simple facts

thank you in advance
I am not sure how to do this and maybe it is a new thread, but here goes.
Has anyone else had problems getting vaccinated?
I am a permanent resident, but have not been contacted for an appointment. I am 70. Through a friend we found out an email address to write to. I was asked to send a copy of my DNIE and Padrón which I did. I was told I would be contacted by my local vaccination centre but couldn't say when. This was over 3 weeks ago. I am beginning to suspect an anti British sentiment in the allocation of a vaccine to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I am a permanent resident, but have not been contacted for an appointment. I am 70. Through a friend we found out an email address to write to. I was asked to send a copy of my DNIE and Padrón which I did. I was told I would be contacted by my local vaccination centre but couldn't say when. This was over 3 weeks ago. I am beginning to suspect an anti British sentiment in the allocation of a vaccine to me. Has anyone else had this problem?
I really dont think there is any anti-British sentiment involved and to be honest it's only the likes of the Express, Sun etc that promulgate this nonsense. If you are over 70 and from UK and resident in Spain you should be on the public system if you registered with your S1. However it sounds like you are not so you must have private healthcare. If this is the case you need to go to your local health centre with your documents proving residency and they will give you a temporary registration for vaccination. If you dont speak Spanish take someone to translate it saves time, it is polite and it avoids the paranoia that people are discriminating.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Go to your local health centre, make sure they have your contact number and ask when you can expect to receive an appointment. They are keen to vaccinate as many people as possible, especially the older ones. There is no discrimination by nationality.

·
Administrator
36,717 Posts
Some people of various nationalities in some regions have had problems if they aren't in the health system, but with private healthcare - but that seems to be getting sorted out now.

You say that you're 70? Are you not registered at the local centro de salud for your healthcare anyway?

As Alcalaina says, the govt wants to vaccinate everyone regardless of their nationality or legal residency status in Spain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree they are not discriminating at all as I'm American and just moved here in March. I'm only 55 and I signed up at local health center and had first Pfizer vaccine on Monday this week and second shot scheduled while I was there for June 21st. I have private insurance too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The U.K. apear to be doing a good job looking at the news. Vaccination must be priority one if the world is going to end the lockdown / open up / lockdown again vicious cycling. Unless Spain goes up a few gears with its vaccination program, then we will still be locking down in another 12+ months time. It’s not looking promising for Spain or the EU currently, it would appear the failure to early purchase vaccines by the EU, coupled with Spanish delays to roll out what they have got are the causes of the issue?
Assuming it’s possible to get to the U.K. does anyone know if expats can get a vaccination in the U.K.
Probably the EU did not early purchase enough vaccine because many of it's health authorities don't believe the science and it's entirely possible that they're right because no-one at this point knows how effective any of these vaccines really are. The fact that cases are slowing down could just be the natural characteristic of the virus. How many viruses have we seen in the past that did not require a vaccine?

·
Registered
386 Posts
One thing to remember is that the UK is only giving one dose of the vaccine which of course allows the government to boast of having inoculated larger numbers in a short time. Spain has lower numbers because it has to organise a system to deliver it twice. The question is what will happen in UK if they find that by March the first set of extremely vulnerable persons start to lose immunity?. Britain could then actually find themselves in a horrific situation! The Tories are taking a huge gamble.
What will happen in UK if they find by March that the first set of "vulnerable" (really meaning elderly) persons start to lose immunity? This is very interesting because since no one knows for certain how effective this vaccine is for anyone, it could also mean that they didn't lose the "immunity" they never had to begin with but they did eventually become gravely ill as a result of having taken the first shot, which many people propose is the exact intention of the "vaccine" and the reason many elderly people, particularly, are not interested in starting the clock on their own demise.

921 - 940 of 1077 Posts