Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
901 - 920 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
This morning's news

CORONAVIRUS EN ESPAÑA | VACUNACIÓN | El Ministerio de Sanidad amplió el intervalo de tiempo entre la primera y la segunda dosis de 12 a 16 semanas para los menores de 60 años que habían recibido la primera de AstraZeneca. Para los de más de 60 años se mantiene la pauta marcada por la farmacéutica.

So, no change for the over 60s... 10-12 weeks

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
This morning's news

CORONAVIRUS EN ESPAÑA | VACUNACIÓN | El Ministerio de Sanidad amplió el intervalo de tiempo entre la primera y la segunda dosis de 12 a 16 semanas para los menores de 60 años que habían recibido la primera de AstraZeneca. Para los de más de 60 años se mantiene la pauta marcada por la farmacéutica.

So, no change for the over 60s... 10-12 weeks
But many over 60s, includiing me, got a text message yesterday saying "your second dose will now be given a minimum of 16 weeks after the first"

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

This makes very worrying reading. According to this the models suggest that if the Indian Variant is just 40 % more transmissable than the normal variant then there would be 6,000 hospital admissions a day with many being already vaccinated persons!. If 50% then 10 000 a day. This is far worse than the 2nd wave. And the only way to prevent this is to not ease restrictions this Monday. There was an epidemiologist on radio 4 saying the same thing.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #907 ·
Don’t worry Boris sounded fairly positive. SAGE and the experts have been consistently wrong. Some seem to delight in spreading doom and gloom for the UK.
no I’m not worried, variants are here for ever, if cases rise they rise, nowt we can do, except carry on with the vaccination programme here and everywhere, I repeat myself it’s here to stay and we have to learn to live with it. As you say some people revel in the negatives rather than the positives and not just for the U.K..

What came out of that conference for me was simple. There are communities who are refusing the vaccine... those areas have been in lockdown for nearly a year now, clearly that’s not working, ergo, that community is not playing its part in reducing the virus. Not sure what the answer is...

also the phrase “living with it” probably means different things to different people ... for some its clear a perpetual state of border closures and lockdowns for others it’s a free for all, for the enlightened 😆 it’s a balance of opening up cautiously, people making thier own choices to see family, childeen playing like children, families eating together and businesses getting back to normal. All of which we can do once the majority have had vaccines. If people refuse then the doom and gloom brigade will be thrilled as they Say told you so!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today's news
El alcalde de la localidad cordobesa de Castro del Río, Salvador Millán, ha pedido a los vecinos "evitar las salidas innecesarias y las reuniones familiares, más allá del círculo habitual de convivencia", todo ello al superar de nuevo este viernes la tasa de mil casos por cada 100.000 habitantes en 14 días fijada por la Junta como criterio para decretar el cierre perimetral y suspensión de actividad no esencial con aval judicial tras el fin del estado de alarma.

Interesting story this. Sounds terrifying enough. But the pueblo has a population of less than 8000 so they are talking about 80 'cases' = positive tests

No information on severity of illness, ages of 'patients', vaccinations etc, which would be really interesting to know.

Never mind, it all drives the fear agenda.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Today's news
El alcalde de la localidad cordobesa de Castro del Río, Salvador Millán, ha pedido a los vecinos "evitar las salidas innecesarias y las reuniones familiares, más allá del círculo habitual de convivencia", todo ello al superar de nuevo este viernes la tasa de mil casos por cada 100.000 habitantes en 14 días fijada por la Junta como criterio para decretar el cierre perimetral y suspensión de actividad no esencial con aval judicial tras el fin del estado de alarma.

Interesting story this. Sounds terrifying enough. But the pueblo has a population of less than 8000 so they are talking about 80 'cases' = positive tests

No information on severity of illness, ages of 'patients', vaccinations etc, which would be really interesting to know.

Never mind, it all drives the fear agenda.
Wow, thats 1% of the inhabitants :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had a good experience getting our vaccines in San Predro in Andalusia - registered at the Health Centre with the Junta Vaccination form last Thursday - they wanted to see our EHIC as well as Padron, TIE, Passport. At the same time they gave us both (56 & 59) an appointment for the following Wednesday - and yesterday we both duly received the Pfizer vaccine with a second dose appointment 3 weeks later....... later yesterday the vaccination record was showing in the ClicSalud app with the certificate available after the second dose has been administered.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm gettng my second moderna jab tomorrow and our barrio is being released from confinement on Monday (after 6 or 7 weeks) Our cases per 100,000 has been below 400 for a few weeks now, but for some reason nobody can work out they kept it restricted. Nice little earner for the police I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have private healthcare and just moved to Marbella in late March. I signed up with Junta de Andalucia public health just for vaccine. I see today they say in Andalucia vaccination (according to Sur from yesterday) for 52-53 now and 50-51 next week. I'm 55 and never was contacted. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hi, I have private healthcare and just moved to Marbella in late March. I signed up with Junta de Andalucia public health just for vaccine. I see today they say in Andalucia vaccination (according to Sur from yesterday) for 52-53 now and 50-51 next week. I'm 55 and never was contacted. Any suggestions? Thanks
It varies from town to town, my husband is 66 and is still waiting for his first one. Something to do with supplies I think. Go to your local Consultorio and ask, or ring the number on their website.

Actualmente las personas nacidas entre 1962 y 1969 (de 52 a 59 años), así como las que tienen 68 años o más (nacidas en 1953 y años anteriores), pueden solicitar cita para la primera dosis de la vacunación COVID-19 a través de ClicSalud+, la App Salud Responde y el teléfono 955 54 50 60 de Salud Responde.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It varies from town to town, my husband is 66 and is still waiting for his first one. Something to do with supplies I think. Go to your local Consultorio and ask, or ring the number on their website.

Hi Alcalaina, Thanks as I was just wondering maybe I didn't complete something else. It sounds like that is only for small groups to be called yet in 50-59 years. That is strange your husband is still waiting. I will wait a few weeks as I'm not really worried about it just know need it to travel in the future.

901 - 920 of 1077 Posts