Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

841 - 860 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
I now know of a couple of friends who had the single shot Jansen vaccine this week. That should help speed things up!
That's good to hear. Definitely speed things up

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
So I guess it depends on where you get it. I have heard some saying its 3 weeks others saying 12. I hope I am fully vaxed by end of June as I dont want to hang around all summer waiting for second dose. I guess everything is still in a state of flux so who knows!
It's 12 weeks fot AZ, 3 or 4 for Pfizer and Moderna, That was in a national statement a week or two ago.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I met someone today who had Janssen jab last week in Madrid, certainly seesm to be gainimg pace around here, although my "forecast" date according to the calculator is 20th August.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Good to see that the vaccination campaign continues to gain pace.

A friend (aged 68) got his first jab on Saturday, at the mass vaccination centre in Vélez-Málaga, and was given the Pfizer vaccine, so they are obviously not giving exclusively the AZ vaccine to that age group any longer.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #845 ·
I met a friend out walking thus morning 68 had hers last week Pfizer also has a return appointment in three weeks

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Yesterday I had a call from the Consultorio out of the blue, saying they had some spare vaccine doses (Pfizer) and did I want one. You bet! So here I am with a slightly sore arm and an appointment for the second jab in three weeks' time. Hats off to the Andalusian health service!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Yesterday I had a call from the Consultorio out of the blue, saying they had some spare vaccine doses (Pfizer) and did I want one. You bet! So here I am with a slightly sore arm and an appointment for the second jab in three weeks' time. Hats off to the Andalusian health service!
Yes you've just taken over Extremadura in % of vaccine delivered and given

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
A question (not knowing or remembering the status of each poster on here):

Has anyone without access to the state health system been vaccinated yet? I know that the authorities have assured these people that they will be contacted and treated, but have they?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·

Has anyone without access to the state health system been vaccinated yet? I know that the authorities have assured these people that they will be contacted and treated, but have they?
No, simple answer. Those that I know are not in the state system are on "lists" but are still waiting to be called, despite being in the same age group as others in the system who have been vaccinated.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
No, simple answer. Those that I know are not in the state system are on "lists" but are still waiting to be called, despite being in the same age group as others in the system who have been vaccinated.
In my region (Valencia) they are being vaccinated along with the rest of us in the same age group, as long as they have registered for the vaccination at the local centro de salud. I personally know several who have been.

It's at times like this that the devolved health service really shows regional differences.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

Yes - a friend of mine (who is five years younger than me) got done last week. He had to fill in a form which is available on the Junta de Andalucia Salud website. His wife was done at the same time, although she is registered with Salud. I guess they picked up from the padrón or something that they were at the same address.

·
Registered
502 Posts
In my region (Valencia) they are being vaccinated along with the rest of us in the same age group, as long as they have registered for the vaccination at the local centro de salud. I personally know several who have been.

It's at times like this that the devolved health service really shows regional differences.
Not where we are, the health centre in Polop said they would get round to us 'at some point, but you must wait until locals have been done'. We are now legal locals, have TIE and on the Padron (which we showed when we registered).
I know it wasn't the language issue, as we took someone with us to translate (the lady in reception is known to be short tempered with anyone who mis understands her) even Spanish people.
But last week they have stopped doing the vaccination at the health centre and now everyone is going to Benidorm, so I will wait and see.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Seems like a bit of a mixed bag then. I don't know many expats in Madrid, and those I do know all work so are "in the system".
What is the situation for other (i.e. not UK) EU pensioners? Are the Germans (as an example) in the Spanish SS with a scheme similar to the old UK S1?

The reason for my thinking is that soon, there will be calls to start to alleviate the mask wearing obligation. Not sure about where you all are, but in Madrid it seems to be a bit more realxed unofficially already, and I wondered what the impact on that relaxation program would come from people who were not vaccinated, either because medically they can't be, or because they are "outside" the system.
Sadly I guess they will effectively be ignored by some authorities.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
When I went for my vaccination there was a British woman standing next to me being told that without a SIPP number they couldn't vaccinate her. She also had no ID which they wanted to see so they presumably try some other method. if they could

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Seems like a bit of a mixed bag then. I don't know many expats in Madrid, and those I do know all work so are "in the system".
What is the situation for other (i.e. not UK) EU pensioners? Are the Germans (as an example) in the Spanish SS with a scheme similar to the old UK S1?

The reason for my thinking is that soon, there will be calls to start to alleviate the mask wearing obligation. Not sure about where you all are, but in Madrid it seems to be a bit more realxed unofficially already, and I wondered what the impact on that relaxation program would come from people who were not vaccinated, either because medically they can't be, or because they are "outside" the system.
Yes, if they are 'in the system' with S1s, they will of course be offered the vaccine. The S1 is an EU thing, not a UK thing.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
When I went for my vaccination there was a British woman standing next to me being told that without a SIPP number they couldn't vaccinate her. She also had no ID which they wanted to see so they presumably try some other method. if they could
Those registering for the vaccine ar eissued a temporary SIP card.

·
Registered
502 Posts

With regard to the mask issue, to be honest I'm so used to it now I think I will continue to wear it. Especially in shops and where there are lots of people, if I'm going for a walk up the hill or even to the beach then I will carry one.
I think masks will be here with us for some time, maybe even years.

841 - 860 of 947 Posts