Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
941 - 960 of 1476 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
If people thought that they would be immune if they were double vaccinated then they just weren't listening. I would change banks.
Yes like the vast majority......they follow the herd ;)

Why on earth would I change banks, he bears no relevance to my life and he's a dab hand with an umbrella;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes - it's going to be interesting to see which will get the upper hand - more infections due to relaxation of measures versus fewer infections due to the vaccines.

Given that it's vaccines that are allowing relaxation it could be said that they are actually responsible for the rise in infections.

Of course those infections are less severe due to the vaccines and also of course those who are unvaccinated are potentially in more danger because of the rise in infections.
"Potentially" ......... I could potentially win the Lotto ;)

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,077 Posts
Sorry - forgot to mention rest of the info!
Of the 30 present - 26 total caught it.
The other 4 had already had it previously!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry - forgot to mention rest of the info!
Of the 30 present - 26 total caught it.
The other 4 had already had it previously!
So the 4 that had had it previously and didn't get it had the obvious trump card of already having previously developed onboard immunity generated by their immune system?

·
Super Moderator
7,077 Posts
So the 4 that had had it previously and didn't get it had the obvious trump card of already having previously developed onboard immunity generated by their immune system?
That’s the presumption - which also applies to my brother - he should now benefit from a mild COVID infection following a double vaccination plus some natural immunity going forward!
Being asthmatic- I took the vaccine to hope that if I catch COVID - I will also get a milder case than I would have otherwise had if I had not taken the vaccine. Being unable to breathe during an asthma attack is bad enough - without having to contend with severe lung congestion from a COVID infection.
In the early days of the pandemic - my wife would make a clinical diagnosis of COVID infection from the very obvious “COVID lung” that was instantly visible from a chest X-ray- long before the official PCR results came back from the lab.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That’s the presumption - which also applies to my brother - he should now benefit from a mild COVID infection following a double vaccination plus some natural immunity going forward!
Being asthmatic- I took the vaccine to hope that if I catch COVID - I will also get a milder case than I would have otherwise had if I had not taken the vaccine. Being unable to breathe during an asthma attack is bad enough - without having to contend with severe lung congestion from a COVID infection.
In the early days of the pandemic - my wife would make a clinical diagnosis of COVID infection from the very obvious “COVID lung” that was instantly visible from a chest X-ray- long before the official PCR results came back from the lab.
I fully get what you're saying as you have serious underlying health conditions and fully respect your decision to have multiple anti Covid jabs circulating in your system.....not for me though.

·
Super Moderator
7,077 Posts
Come on.. Please! This is never going to end! Can you people not see it yet???

Yes - I downloaded the CDC report.
It makes excellent reading!
Summary - Delta variant is very transmissable.
Even vaccinated people can catch and spread it.
Vaccinated people are much more protected from hospitalisation and death!
Seems the vaccines are working!
Only problem the report says - is the messaging required to let vaccinated people know that they might still catch or spread it - so they need to still wear masks and take precautions!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes - I downloaded the CDC report.
It makes excellent reading!
Summary - Delta variant is very transmissable.
Even vaccinated people can catch and spread it.
Vaccinated people are much more protected from hospitalisation and death!
Seems the vaccines are working!
Only problem the report says - is the messaging required to let vaccinated people know that they might still catch or spread it - so they need to still wear masks and take precautions!
You keep saying they are "working", but are they? Not sure of figures from this week, but Sir Patrick Vallance said on national TV at the press briefing week before last that 40% of hospitalisations were VAXXED patients.....so yes maybe working to some degree but nowhere near the 90 plus percent the general public were lead to believe back a couple of months ago.......the quoted 90% plus protection from hospitalisation doesn't seem to be stacking up.

Example Week 1 July out of 257 Deaths in the U.K 118 were fully vaxxed (46%) and 92 were Unvaxxed (36%) so however you spin or massage it death is death and there were MORE deaths in the Fully Vaxxed population.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You seriously have to question this.........Blackmail faltered so now on to Bribery :unsure: Remember that "The Cheese is always Free in the trap"

·
Registered
762 Posts
They coming for "Rover" 😂

"The group warned further culling or animal vaccinating may be needed in other species to prevent them becoming reservoirs for the virus.
They listed dogs, cats, mice, rats and ferrets as animals who are known to have been infected with Covid
."

·
Registered
762 Posts
Interesting stats seen on another platform.

Spain. To assess the covid19 situation and the impact of covid19 vaccines, nothing like comparing one year to another. Well, then:
  • in 2021,
  • the number of cases and the accumulated incidence of 14 days is 15 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
  • the number of cases and the accumulated incidence of 7 days is 12 times higher than 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
the number of hospitalized in the last 7 days for COVID-19 is 26 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
- the number of deceased in the last 7 days is 23 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines.
That is, for example, on July 27, 2020 with July 27th, 2021
Official data for updates 171 and 427
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/.../Actualizacion_171_COVID-19.pdf
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/.../Actualizacion_427_COVID-19.pdf
Keep in mind that Spain is one of the countries in the world with the largest number of vaccines (only behind Canada and UK) https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

we already know that association is not causation, but as they are always with covid19 vaccines and their ′′ impact ′′ on the evolution of the covid19 pandemic...

·
Administrator
36,717 Posts
Interesting stats seen on another platform.

Spain. To assess the covid19 situation and the impact of covid19 vaccines, nothing like comparing one year to another. Well, then:
  • in 2021,
  • the number of cases and the accumulated incidence of 14 days is 15 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
  • the number of cases and the accumulated incidence of 7 days is 12 times higher than 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
the number of hospitalized in the last 7 days for COVID-19 is 26 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines,
- the number of deceased in the last 7 days is 23 times higher than in 2020 on the same date without vaccines.
That is, for example, on July 27, 2020 with July 27th, 2021
Official data for updates 171 and 427
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/.../Actualizacion_171_COVID-19.pdf
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/.../Actualizacion_427_COVID-19.pdf
Keep in mind that Spain is one of the countries in the world with the largest number of vaccines (only behind Canada and UK) https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

we already know that association is not causation, but as they are always with covid19 vaccines and their ′′ impact ′′ on the evolution of the covid19 pandemic...
A year ago Spain, while no longer in full lockdown, was still only gradually 'opening up', with many local border & other restrictions in place.

There's really no comparison.

·
Registered
762 Posts
A year ago Spain, while no longer in full lockdown, was still only gradually 'opening up', with many local border & other restrictions in place.

There's really no comparison.
Gradually opening up 27th July 2020........really, maybe where you are but certainly not in Andalusia. The coast had been packed with tourists from midnight 21st of June when Spain ended the State of Alarm and entered a "new normality" phase and international flights resumed. So a comparison can be made imo.

·
Administrator
36,717 Posts
Gradually opening up 27th July 2020........really, maybe where you are but certainly not in Andalusia. The coast had been packed with tourists from midnight 21st of June when Spain ended the State of Alarm and entered a "new normality" phase and international flights resumed. So a comparison can be made imo.
I did say local restrictions - which clearly means 'not everywhere'.

Most if not all autonomous communities were still enforcing border closures, many until early this year. I believe it was in force until the end of April this year in Andalucía. People weren't free to move around the country as they are now. Once tourists arrived, they had to stay put, sometimes even within the same town, where town border closures were in place.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I did say local restrictions - which clearly means 'not everywhere'.

Most if not all autonomous communities were still enforcing border closures, many until early this year. I believe it was in force until the end of April this year in Andalucía. People weren't free to move around the country as they are now. Once tourists arrived, they had to stay put, sometimes even within the same town, where town border closures were in place.
Andalucía borders were open last year on the dates in question (27th July) the borders were NOT closed until the 29th October.

·
Administrator
36,717 Posts
Andalucía borders were open last year on the dates in question (27th July) the borders were NOT closed until the 29th October.
My mistake.

There were local town border closures for sure though, some towns had curfews, not all had nightlife.

I'm aware that some of these restrictions have recently again been put in place in soem towns, as they have in my region too.

Overall though, things are generally 'freer' for the country as a whole now when compared to a year ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
intresting article about mumps

isolation? third dose? vaccine efficacy?

·
Registered
855 Posts
You keep saying they are "working", but are they? Not sure of figures from this week, but Sir Patrick Vallance said on national TV at the press briefing week before last that 40% of hospitalisations were VAXXED patients.....so yes maybe working to some degree but nowhere near the 90 plus percent the general public were lead to believe back a couple of months ago.......the quoted 90% plus protection from hospitalisation doesn't seem to be stacking up.

Example Week 1 July out of 257 Deaths in the U.K 118 were fully vaxxed (46%) and 92 were Unvaxxed (36%) so however you spin or massage it death is death and there were MORE deaths in the Fully Vaxxed population.
70% of the adult population fully vaccinated, 90% one dose, 10% unvaccinated.

"MORE deaths"...
Fully vaccinated 1.3 x more deaths
Fully vaccinated 7 x more people

EDIT: What the figures don't say is when the people were vaccinated and which one was used because they aren't immediately effective.

941 - 960 of 1476 Posts