Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from the UK currently living in Australia, i am trying to get a job working as a rescue aircrewman on the helicopters or as a paramedic aircrew on helicopters, does anyone please have any info on finding these vacancies. thanks for your help
john

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
****** is right in that you will need targeted research into who supplies helicopters to Mexico and where are they used.
I'm sure you also know that "best" solution is to be hired externally and then moved to Mexico as your hiring corporation will take on most of the problems.
My expectation is that you are qualified on a set of helicopters. Those companies need maintenance in Mexico either directly by them of by large users.
I would start by contacting the manufacturing companies at their home office and get directed.
If you have recognized skills that are required and scarce, it will work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
****** is right in that you will need targeted research into who supplies helicopters to Mexico and where are they used.
I'm sure you also know that "best" solution is to be hired externally and then moved to Mexico as your hiring corporation will take on most of the problems.
My expectation is that you are qualified on a set of helicopters. Those companies need maintenance in Mexico either directly by them of by large users.
I would start by contacting the manufacturing companies at their home office and get directed.
If you have recognized skills that are required and scarce, it will work.
Hi thanks for your help its much appreciated, bet you know the next question, would you happen to know of any companies opperating in mexico that i could contact, thanks again john

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
My first question is, Are you fluent in Spanish?
If so, you can use Google to search for those companies and even the Mexican Air Force.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What helicopters are you qualified to maintain, company & models.
Hi thanks for your reply but i dont actually maintain helicopters, i am qualified as an aircrew man to work in them and also as a paramedic aircrew man, so any help on that side of things would be great thanks.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Now I think that you are in a much more difficult situation. It is much easier to have a company outside Mexico hire you and then bring you in on assignment which is why I thought helicopter suppliers. To be hired in Mexico as an expat is much more complicated unless you have some really unique skill that someone needs. Also puts a lot more pressure on language as RVGRINGO points out. When you say crew, are you qualified pilot or qualified on some sort of unique machinery where you could have unusual skills? I'm not sure how to find out if there are some large corporations outside Mexico that have a Mexican operation big enough to warrant a helicopter but it is possible.
I do know that Queretaro is trying to become a center of airplane production and that Canadian Commuter plane producer(Bombadier?) recently announced expansion but expect that a long shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.