Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear mods, I hope you might be able to give a quick pointer here.. we are attending the VAC tomorrow and I have an issue with the Appendix 2 questions below -

3.11: "what is your sponsors annual income from this employment before tax"

3.12: "has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application?"

I need to apply with category A as that is the category we fit and the one we have the evidence for. My salary has been above the required 18,600 for years and I have been with the same employer in this post for years.. I think I am getting confused as to what exactly to put as my annual income from this employment before tax.

> my current salary (the one I thought I had to put in 3.11) has only been in place for the past two months as I had a pay rise, therefore when I try to answer the above question 3.12, I have not technically been earning the exact amount stated in 3.11 continuously for 6 months - I have been earning slightly less than it, but still above the threshold.

Can any of you advise as to what to do here?
- Am I meant to take an average of my salaries over the year to answer 3.11? or put my current salary or old salary in 3.11 then tick yes for 3.12 and tick Cat A then explain in the appendix?

* we also wanted to check what format the VAC's want the docs in, we gather they have to be loose ?tied together and not in any wallets but weren't sure as to what is preferred?

Thank you so much in advance

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
3.11: Since you got a pay rise during the period for which you're submitting financial evidence, put your lowest (pre-raise) salary from the past six months, but include the pay rise letter with your supporting documents. This is pretty common (I had to do it as well).

3.12: Yes

Averaging your payslips is only for non-salaried (i.e. hourly) employment. If you're on salaried pay, you'll just state your annual pre-tax salary. Again, use the salary from before your pay rise.

The mods here told me to tie together each pile (original documents and photocopies) with a string, that worked for us :)

Reactions: fingerscrossed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I'm hoping this is the case still. If any mods could confirm it would be much appreciated

Thanks again

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
clever-octopus has given you correct answers. With a salaried job, the question really means: What is the minimum annual amount you are submitting that meets the requirement? So based on your pre-increase pay, that is the minimum amount you can submit. What you state under 3.11 doesn't have to quite correspond to what you have actually earned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.