Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just had a very nice EDF man at my (rented) house. Since moving to this house in April I have had amazingly high electricity bills. THe EDF man found that a room, not in use becuase the electric wall sockets do not work, is drawing a HUGE anount of power. When he shuts this breaker off the usage drops dramatically.

I have, in writing, notified the agency to whom I pay my rent, that there is a problem. Several of the wall sockets and overhead lights have never worked. Agency is Square Habitat...although nice they are NOT at all responsive. :mad:

I told them, in writing, three weeks ago, that if they do not get an electrician here I will
hire one on my own and deduct this from the rent. Their response was that I do
not have authorization to do this and would not be able to deduct this from the rent.

In France, is there a time period where a renter, having not received a proper response
regarding something as basic as a public utility, can hire a repair person to solve the
problem? There are probably to many commas in that sentence... probably spelling errors as well.

Thank you thank you thank you ....always for all your responses.

KMM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.