Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am relocating to australia on the 6th dec and my household goods dont follow until feb 2010 what do i use washer and dryer etc, do i buy an adaptor plug before i leasve uk or get one in oz ( by that i mean many)
thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
What we did is bring a few multi blocks with us so we didn't have to change all the plugs at once. Your rental should be kitted out with a washing machine (not sure about the dryer) so you wont need to get conversions sorted for a few weeks. Just change plugs as you go along. Go to Bunnings or Mitre 10 when you get here and buy a loads of plugs.

Dolly

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can also rent appliances in AU.

Hi I am relocating to australia on the 6th dec and my household goods dont follow until feb 2010 what do i use washer and dryer etc, do i buy an adaptor plug before i leasve uk or get one in oz ( by that i mean many)
thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
What we did is bring a few multi blocks with us so we didn't have to change all the plugs at once. Your rental should be kitted out with a washing machine (not sure about the dryer) so you wont need to get conversions sorted for a few weeks. Just change plugs as you go along. Go to Bunnings or Mitre 10 when you get here and buy a loads of plugs.

Dolly

Hi Dolly
An old thread i know but.... im eliminating my "to reaserch" list and i wondered if you could confirm if uk electricals work over there? are they the same electrical watts or whatever as in the uk ,is it just the plugs that need changing? :confused2:
we have the tvs dvds laptops etc plus the playstations an xbox and all the other c**p your not sure if to leave or not..... i know we may need adapter cables and ive heard of a top box to make the tvs work....:confused2:

please advise!
thanks in advance for your time

claire

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
UK electrical appliances will work over here but need a converter for the plug or the plug needs to be changed. The plugs have different pins and don't have a fuse like UK plugs.

TV may not work without a set up box - you need to try that one and see (our tv is older so needed a set top box).

Not sure about dvds and xbox but if you do a search this has been asked before so you may find your answers already on the forum.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Thanks Karen, another question answered, shame ive got so many you never get a rest!
regards
I think that most of us moving here had the same questions at one time or another :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts