Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

As per advice from Nyclon i tried contacting my solicitor on my previous post on here but unfortunalty he want £200 for the privilege

So can someone please help me on the following,

My so called solicitor who wants £200 has told me if i want an answer to contact my local MP, does anyone think this is advisable, as i am only 7 weeks along, all i wanted was an update off of him to see if he had any news, so as you may see i have paid this man alot of money just to fill a form out really, i so wish i had of come on here before.

Thank you to all the people who have given me advice, i jus think going to local MP is a bit extreme.

Please becarful to anyone who is thinking of using a solicitor, make sure it is not a money grabbing solicitor like mine,

Has anyone used their local MP to gain an answer at all?

Regards

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Your application is still comfortably within the normal processing time. If it goes well beyond the expected processing time, that's when it's appropriate to contact your MP for help.

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
MPs do have access to the Immigration Minister Mark Harper and Home Secretary, and there is a Home Office department specifically dealing with constituents' problems. But you mat just get a standard reply that your case is still being looked at so as others have suggested, wait until standard wait time has passed and you contact UKBA in Jamaica, and if that gets you nowhere, get in touch with your MP. You must contact your own MP as under parliamentary rules they cannot help other MP's constituents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.