Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my iPhone 4 unblocked from o2 in uk when I land in oz is it just as simple as putting a pay as you go sim in my iPhone has the micro sim??

Bizbomb

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bizbomb said:
Hi all,

I've had my iPhone 4 unblocked from o2 in uk when I land in oz is it just as simple as putting a pay as you go sim in my iPhone has the micro sim??

Bizbomb
I am also thinking about bringing my iPhone 4 but may sell it and get one in Oz when I get there. I have been informed on Mac forum that it's no problem bringing the iPhone to to Oz but asI am moving to Darwin I would prefer to have the I phone 4s for better reception.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Just to add. I took my unlocked IPhone over to Oz last month. I just popped into a Vodafone shop and bought a microsim (4s) for $9.99. I then topped up using cash. I used my UK photo driving license for ID.

Rob.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone i haven't had a pay as you go for years can you get data including in this or what is included in the price. It's just till I get a job then I can get a contract phone.

Bizbomb

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah you get data included. I had Optus payg paid $30 a month included in that was $500 worth of credit, so texts and calls and 500 mb of data, plus unlimited social networking and ebay. I never went over my limit on either, and I text loads, plus it helps that most public places have WiFi access you can use too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
$50 with Vodafone gets you 3GB data. A lot more than in the UK plus $1000 of calls. It's equivalent to over 4 hours of international calls!

Rob.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that I've heard vodafone reception isn't that good? Have you had any problems???

Bizbomb

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey bizbomb your right they're not great, we couldn't get signal with them where we are but they are in the process of upgrading the network so may be better when you get here, if not I believe they offer a 30 day money back guarantee?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I heard the same story but always had a signal in Perth and surrounding areas. The phone also worked well in Melbourne. 3G everywhere.

They've had some bad press but I think they've invested in their network.

I was told Optus was the best. (after I went with Vodafone)

Rob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.