Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my wife and I had a successful application for a spouse visa recently and obviously we are already beginning to think about the FLRM process. In the first application we met the financial requirement with my income and savings as I wasn't earning £18,600. As part of the savings we used 2 gifts that had been given to us at the time of our wedding. These gifts went into my current bank account as we weren't living together and didn't have a joint savings account.

So fast forward to this time, I plan on moving those gifts over from my current account to our joint account that we are about to create. What I'm wondering is, if this money was needed to meet the financial requirement in future, what do I need to provide as evidence to demonstrate the source of money?

My assumption would be:

It needs to have been in our joint savings account for at least 6 months
A statement from my current bank account showing 3 months before and after the transfer of the gifts into our joint savings account

In addition, do I need to show all the evidence we used in our original application?
That would include: the original signed letters from the gifters stating that it was our money to keep.
The old bank statements belonging to the gifters that showed the transfers.
A bank statement showing the transfers going into my current account. Again, maybe showing a couple of months either side of the transfer.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The answer is yes, you can use the savings again, and yes, you have to supply the same evidence, plus new one about being in your joint account for 6 months. Savings show you have the equivalent amount to earnings available to support you, but if they haven't been used in the meantime, you can put them forward again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.