Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to use dish tv or Tata sky there in Australia. Can we bring in the decoder and will it receive satellite signals there ??

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Has anyone tried to use dish tv or Tata sky there in Australia. Can we bring in the decoder and will it receive satellite signals there ??
I know quite a few guys in China who use IPTV (internet protocol TV)... you wont need tata or dish

·
Registered
226 Posts
Eh, even I am curious to know....technically it should work... but there might be some legal aspects to it as well...I've heard of people using the system in dubai illegally....

I did come across some IPTV service in an Indian store here..didn't bother to ask ...but I can...

·
Registered
199 Posts
It works fine I have seen it myself...
Hey Guys, what do you say? You brought dish/tata sky antenna and the setup box from India to Australia and paying in money in India?

or I misunderstood here?

Reactions: saradong

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hey Guys, what do you say? You brought dish/tata sky antenna and the setup box from India to Australia and paying in money in India?

or I misunderstood here?
Ill be glad to know these options..budget issue..phew

Santhosh

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Satellite is at an angle so that it take the signal/ping from the dish in India, how can it work in Australia. In common man's language, the Satellite has a range, only direction does not matter, you mean you can capture anything if it was that simple.

and Sky Network in Australia is tied to Fox.. basically India's Tata Sky is Australia's Fox tel
Srilanka/Pakistan/Nepal logically is possible but Australia.. no way.. i migth be wrong though but this is what common sense says.. cant happen!!

There are ways of getting the channels through live streaming. there are lots of ways. if you really are keen, you can get vision asia. or Yupp TV if you have a smart tv. else XBMC. there is lots of options.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Satellite is at an angle so that it take the signal/ping from the dish in India, how can it work in Australia. In common man's language, the Satellite has a range, only direction does not matter, you mean you can capture anything if it was that simple.

and Sky Network in Australia is tied to Fox.. basically India's Tata Sky is Australia's Fox tel
Srilanka/Pakistan/Nepal logically is possible but Australia.. no way.. i migth be wrong though but this is what common sense says.. cant happen!!

There are ways of getting the channels through live streaming. there are lots of ways. if you really are keen, you can get vision asia. or Yupp TV if you have a smart tv. else XBMC. there is lots of options.
I saw this post on a blog which confirms what anj1976 has said.

Would Tata Sky work in Australia ?

So far (at least when I am writing this) to my understaning TataSky could not work in Australia. How do I know ? Its actually pretty simple with the help of few web sites from the same provider.

Step 1 : Find out the provider in our case its Tata Sky

Step 2: Find out which satellites it use?
Tata Sky - LyngSat Address

Step 3: Now we know that Tata Sky uses Insat 4A for its transmission. Its time to find out footprints of this sattalite. Use the following link:
Insat 4A at 83.0°E - LyngSat Maps

Step 4: In the footprints screen we could see that this particular satalite does not have footprints on Australia so we could not watch TataSky, UNLESS in future Tata Sky also broadcast on another satalite which has footprints in Australia (expecially the region you are in)

·
Banned
512 Posts
I saw this post on a blog which confirms what anj1976 has said.

Would Tata Sky work in Australia ?

So far (at least when I am writing this) to my understaning TataSky could not work in Australia. How do I know ? Its actually pretty simple with the help of few web sites from the same provider.

Step 1 : Find out the provider in our case its Tata Sky

Step 2: Find out which satellites it use?
Tata Sky - LyngSat Address

Step 3: Now we know that Tata Sky uses Insat 4A for its transmission. Its time to find out footprints of this sattalite. Use the following link:
Insat 4A at 83.0°E - LyngSat Maps

Step 4: In the footprints screen we could see that this particular satalite does not have footprints on Australia so we could not watch TataSky, UNLESS in future Tata Sky also broadcast on another satalite which has footprints in Australia (expecially the region you are in)
Nice and knowledgable post mate........Well Australia does have "VISION ASIA" which telecasts Indian channels.

·
Banned
231 Posts
question

hi ANJ and others ,

This is a typical budget question -
Whats the average cost - initial setup / installation + monthly BILL - amount ---
if we are to set this TV and cable stuff - up & running in Sydney or Melbourne ??

I am looking for answer with approximate value ....

Kind Thanks !!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone has recommendations regarding the iptv version ? It sounds interesting... but I would want to have good channels such as star world etc as well.. PM is cool as well..

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi ANJ and others ,

Whats the average cost - initial setup / installation + monthly BILL - amount ---
if we are to set this TV and cable stuff - up & running in Sydney or Melbourne ??

Kind Thanks !!

I used to think same way 3 years ago when I was planning to move to Australia. . I don’t even get time to watch tv anymore. Problem was solved soon after arriving. Glad I didn’t spend much of my energy on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone has recommendations regarding the iptv version ? It sounds interesting... but I would want to have good channels such as star world etc as well.. PM is cool as well..

The problem with iptv is most of these severs are in North America Canada and Europe. This causes lot of buffering for most of IPTV. even watching hotstar or jio is pain using VPN from Australia.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi ANJ and others ,

Kind Thanks !!

If you’re a sports fan you go for Kayo or and Optus sports standalone than going for Foxtel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts