Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone tried the forex card of BookMyForex for use in Australia/singapore. Their website has very low conversation rates compared to ICICI/HDFC multicurrency. Is their forex card like a visa/mastercard which works on any pos?

Their customer care phone lines are always having delays and couldnt reach them.

Wanted to know if it would work in Singapore currency like a multi currency card.

Thanks
George

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi

Has anyone tried the forex card of BookMyForex for use in Australia/singapore. Their website has very low conversation rates compared to ICICI/HDFC multicurrency. Is their forex card like a visa/mastercard which works on any pos?

Their customer care phone lines are always having delays and couldnt reach them.

Wanted to know if it would work in Singapore currency like a multi currency card.

Thanks
George
Yes, I have used Axis bank travel card bought via Bookmyforex. It worked for any visa/master card POS as well as ATM in Melbourne. I am not sure about Singapore but should work there too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have used bookmyforex for my first trip to Australia and it was hassle-free. Liked it and recommended. They give three withdrawals free from ATMs, which I think would be sufficient if planned well...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have used bookmyforex for my first trip to Australia and it was hassle-free. Liked it and recommended. They give three withdrawals free from ATMs, which I think would be sufficient if planned well...

Will there by any charges for the POS transactions..?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mostly No, except a few which they will inform you upfront.

Book my Forex is currently best in the business. They inform you about the charges if any upfront, unlike banks which don't disclose all; unless asked for..
Besides, their rates are the same shown on their website, unlike banks which normally charge the highest rate for the day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
While the initial delivery is a breeze and all kudos to bookmyforex for the same but reloading the forex card is a pain. It's troublesome they ask you to sign and scan and send back a form and then only they reload. While I understand they are not a bank and they have to work by the RBI rules but personally I prefer HDFC card as you can directly link that with your account and instantaneously transfer funds between the two while the bookmyforex takes almost 12 hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts