Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share experience about the payment method for my 189 application and the struggle i faced here in India even after having enough money and savings in my bank account

I tried all the method suggested on this forums

-Tried obtaining forex card -> not successful from icici/axis/HDFC (tried using my US visa but they were hell bent on tickets)
-Tried getting instant credit card using FDs -> my bank denied since i already have a credit card and they cant issue multiple credit cards.
-Tried to get my credit card limit enhanced -> My bank said NO, even though i've lot of savings and multiple FDs.
-Tried paying with my debit card since I've international usage and 6 lakh transaction limit but payment got declined on DIBP site. Visited my branch and spoke with bank manager, he sat me in his office for 2 hrs and contacted backend team to find the decline reason, tried couple of times making payment in front of him. In the end he said dibp site does not have 3d security or 2 way authentication and offered me tea and biscuit with no solution.

I came home, linked my axis bank debit card to paypal and changed the primary currency to AUD. Made payment of 3,706.70 AUD and my account got debited 1,97,660.72 rupees.

Now i think i might have paid extra 10k-11k but i had no other option. So if anyone hit dead with the payment method, paypal works too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You may have paid around 3000 extra only. I paid with credit card and I calculated according to my settled amount.

Sent from my XT1706 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share experience about the payment method for my 189 application and the struggle i faced here in India even after having enough money and savings in my bank account

I tried all the method suggested on this forums

-Tried obtaining forex card -> not successful from icici/axis/HDFC (tried using my US visa but they were hell bent on tickets)
-Tried getting instant credit card using FDs -> my bank denied since i already have a credit card and they cant issue multiple credit cards.
-Tried to get my credit card limit enhanced -> My bank said NO, even though i've lot of savings and multiple FDs.
-Tried paying with my debit card since I've international usage and 6 lakh transaction limit but payment got declined on DIBP site. Visited my branch and spoke with bank manager, he sat me in his office for 2 hrs and contacted backend team to find the decline reason, tried couple of times making payment in front of him. In the end he said dibp site does not have 3d security or 2 way authentication and offered me tea and biscuit with no solution.

I came home, linked my axis bank debit card to paypal and changed the primary currency to AUD. Made payment of 3,706.70 AUD and my account got debited 1,97,660.72 rupees.

Now i think i might have paid extra 10k-11k but i had no other option. So if anyone hit dead with the payment method, paypal works too.
Nice info thanks... I done it Axis Bank, Forex multicurrency.. had a fight with them for 2 weeks and finally got it..if anyone wondering how much charge just 800 RS inclusive of all taxes and converted 3,06,000 INR to 5505 AUD - during my money loading Selling price of AUD was 52.xx INR which I feel a bit high..oh well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts