Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here bought or used Herbolex Weedkiller?

I bought a 1 litre pack the other day to get rid of a lot of persistent weeds that are growing up through the many cracks in the concrete surface of our street. But I cannot determine how it should be applied... In such an example as this does one use it 'neat' ie,. poured directly from the pack in its original liquid form or should it be diluted and applied via a spray pack? The instruction re dosage on the pack are very vague....
Some UK products like Weedol and Roundup come ready to apply via the spraypack containers but Herbolex comes in a plastic bottle much the same as a litre of milk!

Any suggestions because I know that glycophosphates are harmful environmentally and I don't want to go upsetting the locals by using it neat if its meant to be diluted...

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,744 Posts
It's glyphosate, which isn't harmful to the environment provided you just spray the leaves of the plants you want to kill. It's non-toxic as soon as it's dry. The chemical gets into the roots and kills the plant systemically.

I'd dilute it and use a spray, on a non-windy day. If the weeds haven't started to go brown after a week, try again neat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts