Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping for some help.

Going through immigration gives me the largest anxiety due to its unpredicitability.

My GF is in the process of coming here for just under 2 weeks (she spent 4 months last summer here).

Was wondering to ensure as smooth an entry as possible what documentation should she bring?.

Also should i be worried?. She has a good job, money (travel credit card), a home.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Was hoping for some help.

Going through immigration gives me the largest anxiety due to its unpredicitability.

My GF is in the process of coming here for just under 2 weeks (she spent 4 months last summer here).

Was wondering to ensure as smooth an entry as possible what documentation should she bring?.

Also should i be worried?. She has a good job, money (travel credit card), a home.

Thanks
Is there something specifically you're worried about? It sounds like everything should be fine. I'd recommend she print out a copy of her return ticket as when I would go to visit my husband (boyfriend at the time) that is usually all the additional documentation they would request to see. Is there something about your girlfriend's travel history that you think might be cause for concern?

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
There are basically two major concerns for UK immigration, that she will leave at the end of her visit and not overstay, and that she will have sufficient funds not being tempted to work illegally.
So get a letter from her employer with expected date of return, return flight booking, and bank statement showing sufficient funds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not worried about any specifics just an over active imagination.

I worry the same when i go USA and I've been several times in the last two years and never even had a single issue. Haha

I even worry that i am making her prepare too much. I have asked her to bring:

Letter from job confirming title and holiday dates.
A couple payslips for additional proof.
Credit card statement showing her available balance.
Documentation to show she rents a place and is locked in for a year.

Is it a bad idea to bring all this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why?

She can but i thought as she will be using her credit card (no foreign exchange fees) if say she has 10k balance and only used 2k. Meaning she has access to 8k. Isn't that what they would like to know?

As opposed to say 1k in her bank balance?

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
The fact she may have healthy credit limit on her credit card doesn't prove financial ability according to Home Office guidance. Bank statement is the established way of demonstrating funds. Remember credit card balance must be repaid through current account, in full or by extended credit with rather high interest.
If I have £10k credit limit on my card but have disposable income of £1,000 per month in my current account, which will Home Office take as evidence of financial ability as opposed to credit worthiness?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.