Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in the last stages of getting my docs together for a tier 2 partner visa.
It's not clear in the maintenance section whether I need to show that my husband and his employer will provide for me if I have enough to support myself in my bank account. It seemed like I needed one or the other but I'm not sure. I have more than enough in my savings so do I still need my husband/sponsor's bank account info and a letter from his employer, or just my bank info?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought is was just 600 GBP?

In the Dependents Policy it states that:

Family member of a tier 2 Migrant:
54. You must have £600 to support yourself.
55. This requirement can be met by:
• having savings of £600 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of
application; or
• the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it
will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited
provided the limit is at least £600 per family member.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Sorry, misread it as partner. It's Tier 2 dependent not partner. The guidance clearly states that you can meet the maintenance requirement by having savings£600 of your own in savings OR by having the Tier 2 sponsor write a statement pledging to support you for a month should it become necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.