Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am a South African living in New York. I have been in the US for more than 183 days so now I am classed as a permanent resident. I need to file taxes and would like a recommendation for a CPA that has experience with expat taxes.

Is there anyone that can help? Any South Africans out there in a similar position?

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
I can't answer your question directly, but note that you've also got New York State and maybe even New York City income tax to deal with. New York State at least has a very broad definition of New York source income, and any time spent in New York can be enough to trigger it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well I can't really recommend my company (because I am bias!)... but if you'd like, we can certainly help you with your reporting while in the US.

Check out our website, Greenback Expat Tax Services, and take a look at the real testimonials and reviews that we have, and contact us if you feel like it would be a good fit.

If nothing else, there is a ton of great information for expats there, and I am sure you will find it useful!

Best of luck,

David McKeegan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts