Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for Recognized Graduate Visa subclass 476, and I want to prepare all my documents before applying. I'm currently staying in the U.S on F-1 student visa. I have 2 questions regarding the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirements:

1. Do I need to obtain an FBI background check in addition to obtaining PCC from the state police department where I live?

2. I turned 16 when I lived in Pennsylvania, but I moved to Georgia when I turned 18, and have been living here ever since. Do I need to obtain PCC from both the state of Pennsylvania and the state of Georgia?

If anyone has ever obtained a PCC in these 2 states (or any state), please let me know. I'm really confused on how to even obtain one.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for Recognized Graduate Visa subclass 476, and I want to prepare all my documents before applying. I'm currently staying in the U.S on F-1 student visa. I have 2 questions regarding the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirements:

1. Do I need to obtain an FBI background check in addition to obtaining PCC from the state police department where I live?

2. I turned 16 when I lived in Pennsylvania, but I moved to Georgia when I turned 18, and have been living here ever since. Do I need to obtain PCC from both the state of Pennsylvania and the state of Georgia?

If anyone has ever obtained a PCC in these 2 states (or any state), please let me know. I'm really confused on how to even obtain one.

Thanks so much!

1. As far as I know, yes you need State + FBI one. State one is given quickly, FBI one can take up to 2-3 months.

2. United States of America

This says :

US temporary residents and visitors: 'FBI Identity History Summary' issued by the FBI and if you resided in the US for at least three months in the past year, a State Police Clearance for each State in which you have lived for at least 3 months during the last 12 months.
Also better ask here : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...939-usa-police-clearance-certificate-370.html

Any 476 questions here : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...476-recognised-graduate-visa-help-needed.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts