Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So despite all Spanish odds, my husband has been offered a pretty good job in Granada as a teacher trainer. (He is American, I am British, we were married in the USA.) He has been asked to start the same week we are due to arrive in Spain. Obviously this leaves him no time to apply for and get his EU family member residency card before starting work. I am confused though, as I have read in many places that because he is my husband and I am European, he is entitled to all the same rights as me, he just needs to declare it (eg. apply for and get the spouse residency card) with 3 months of arriving in Spain. Does this mean that he can start working immediately, as long as he applies within 3 months?

I am sorry to inflict more questions of this nature onto the board. You have all been so helpful so I though this was the best place to find out...

Thank you!

·
Administrator
36,464 Posts
So despite all Spanish odds, my husband has been offered a pretty good job in Granada as a teacher trainer. (He is American, I am British, we were married in the USA.) He has been asked to start the same week we are due to arrive in Spain. Obviously this leaves him no time to apply for and get his EU family member residency card before starting work. I am confused though, as I have read in many places that because he is my husband and I am European, he is entitled to all the same rights as me, he just needs to declare it (eg. apply for and get the spouse residency card) with 3 months of arriving in Spain. Does this mean that he can start working immediately, as long as he applies within 3 months?

I am sorry to inflict more questions of this nature onto the board. You have all been so helpful so I though this was the best place to find out...

Thank you!
wonderful :clap2:

as far as I understand it, he can work once the application is made - so he has to get the application in before starting work - he can't work until he has applied........... so I guess you either need to get here a bit sooner, or get the application in PDQ after you arrive

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wonderful :clap2:

as far as I understand it, he can work once the application is made - so he has to get the application in before starting work - he can't work until he has applied........... so I guess you either need to get here a bit sooner, or get the application in PDQ after you arrive
Ok, thats do-able since we can book his appointment online beforehand now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts