Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if the question was asked before, but I would like to know if immigration laws on U.S. citizens who want to move to Canada are like the rest of the world. Is there an advantage to A US citizens?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I apologize in advance if the question was asked before, but I would like to know if immigration laws on U.S. citizens who want to move to Canada are like the rest of the world. Is there an advantage to A US citizens?
No, it's the same qualifying/requirements.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
No, it's the same qualifying/requirements.
Is there no advantage under NAFTA? For Canadians (or Mexicans) wanting to work in the US, there is TN status whereby some professionals can arrange their visa on the border.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Is there no advantage under NAFTA? For Canadians (or Mexicans) wanting to work in the US, there is TN status whereby some professionals can arrange their visa on the border.
There are no special arrangements for anyone. As a matter of fact earlier this year Canada passed legislation whereby Mexicans cannot enter Canada in any capacity (even vacation) without a visa.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are no special arrangements for anyone. As a matter of fact earlier this year Canada passed legislation whereby Mexicans cannot enter Canada in any capacity (even vacation) without a visa.

Thanks for the information, I happened to pass through Canada several times on the way to Alaska, and I fell in love with the place. :clap2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about the TN-1 visa (Treaty Nafta)? It is supposed to be simpler and I beleive that it is not a company-sponsored visa (don't quote me on that). Canada is tierd of processing Mexican Refugee visas for free when 99% of the applicants don't qualify, which is one of the reasons they imposed the visa requirement for Mexicans. This doesn't mean US citizens can't take advantage of the TN visas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the TN-1 visa (Treaty Nafta)? It is supposed to be simpler and I beleive that it is not a company-sponsored visa (don't quote me on that). Canada is tierd of processing Mexican Refugee visas for free when 99% of the applicants don't qualify, which is one of the reasons they imposed the visa requirement for Mexicans. This doesn't mean US citizens can't take advantage of the TN visas.

I'm in the process of examination of the subject - Thanks :juggle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.