Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys -- I'm new to this forum but wanted to get a clear answer for my situation (seen a few close to this but not exactly).

I am a US citizen and met a UK citizen here on a work VISA a bit over a year ago.

He has 2 years left on his US Work VISA but we want to get married and I am trying to find out the easiest way to go about it.

I have read that getting married in the US while he is still valid with his Visa is the best way to go. Would you all agree?

Here is another snag. We would not be moving to to the UK after marriage -- he actually has a job opportunity in Australia that would be starting in about 9 months.

What would we have to do to be able to go to there (married) at the same time? (and me legally be there with him and allowed to work).

We really want to avoid being apart for some time - I have a full time job and money/savings etc. and we have plenty of proof of our relationship.

Any info would be great. THANKS!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.