Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone and compliments for the website,

I am in a similar situation of the user GsGirl as described in another post.

I am an italian citizen that live here in the UK since last year (about 14 months then not a permanent resident) and work for an engineer company with a salary above 18600£ a year. I plan to marry an US citizen and after few researches I have few concerns.
One option like Joppa in another post use:
Marriage Visitor Visa > Get marry in the UK > Apply for an EEA family permit > applying for residence card 5 years long > then apply for indefinite leave to remain ILR in the UK.

The main problem is that my girlfriend had no job and she just finisced university and I have a stable job in the UK then I am sure the Marriage Visitor Visa (that is for people that are planning to don't settle in the UK after the marriage) will be refused like happenes to the user jentobeharrison in another post.
I also have been refused turistic visa for the US because I applyed before have a stable job and then I can't use anymore Wisa Waiver Program then I don't wonna risk marriage visitor visa will denied then we need to see each other every time in third country.
We are thinking to marry in a third country or maybe in Italy but I know how slow and complicate the things are there.
Did someone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much
Led

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
Easiest is to marry in a third country (Gibraltar or Denmark has been suggested) and then apply for EEA family permit for your new bride. Then after arriving in UK, she applies for residence card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Easiest is to marry in a third country (Gibraltar or Denmark has been suggested) and then apply for EEA family permit for your new bride. Then after arriving in UK, she applies for residence card.
Thank you Joppa,

do you have any suggestions how long after the marriage I should apply for the family permit?
On the Uk gov website says in the section "What if I suspect a marriage / civil partnership of convenience?": application follows soon after the marriage / civil partnership (of couse after the marriage I want to be with my wife but that's just my opinion!)

Thank you

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
There is no minimum period laid down, but provided you can show a verifiable, genuine relationship over a period of time (such as a few years), you should be fine to apply soon after marriage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no minimum period laid down, but provided you can show a verifiable, genuine relationship over a period of time (such as a few years), you should be fine to apply soon after marriage.
Brilliant thank you very much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.