Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently applied for my wife's visit visa online and have also uploaded all the documents.

There is a button called 'Request Complete' on ImmiAccount website, to mark the application as 'ready for assessment' by DIBP. However, i haven't clicked it as yet as i haven't applied for biometrics as yet. I'm not sure whether case officer will ask for it or whether i should organize it myself from the link on ImmiAccount website.

Quick responses will be highly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
If there is an option then you can organise through your immi account, otherwise CO will request for Biometrics before processing her visa.

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife applied for 309/100 visa. Since it's taking long, we have applied for visit visa as well so that my wife could come to Australia for some time at least before 309/100 is granted. I have been led to believe that if she comes to Australia on visit visa, processing for 309/100 will on hold till she comes back. Wanted to know if it's correct

Secondly, if we get the visit visa and soon after that if 309/100 application is refused, God forbid. Will it also cease the visit visa?

Quick responses will be highly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
1: Visit visa if granted would have no impact on her partner visa application.

2: No, it won't cease her Visit visa but she can't stay permanently in Australia on this visa as it's a temporary visa with maximum 3 months stay.

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1: Visit visa if granted would have no impact on her partner visa application.

2: No, it won't cease her Visit visa but she can't stay permanently in Australia on this visa as it's a temporary visa with maximum 3 months stay.

Girl Aussie
Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been 5 weeks since my wife lodged visit visa application. However, we haven't heard from DIBP as yet. Was wondering if there a to way to follow up with the department? Also, is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
She should hear from AHC anytime as the average processing time is 4-6 weeks for visitor visa. She can contact them directly by email or phone and enquire about her application.

Girl Aussie

It's been 5 weeks since my wife lodged visit visa application. However, we haven't heard from DIBP as yet. Was wondering if there a to way to follow up with the department? Also, is this normal?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She should hear from AHC anytime as the average processing time is 4-6 weeks for visitor visa. She can contact them directly by email or phone and enquire about her application.

Girl Aussie
May i know about their email address?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
one thing you need to take care of, 309/100 can only be granted offshore, so before she comes in on the visit visa (after it's granted), advise your 309/100 CO of her travel plans, to give you a pre-decision notice (so once 309/100 is ready to be granted, you will get a notice so your wife can leave) ..... otherwise the grant will be invalid if granted while she's onshore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts