Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im a bit confused about the wedding prep evidence.
Do we have to show we intend to get married?

I have bought a dress yet or booked a venue as we are not sure when he will get the visa and I can risk putting a deposit.

What can I put in the documents? Is it required?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Yes, you need evidence of having made solid plans for a wedding for your fiancé(e) visa.
Appointment with registrar to give notice, receipt for rings, provisional booking for venue, dress, car etc.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Applying for Fiancé(e) visa? The sponsor could show email communications with the designated registry office with which you wish to give notice. State intent to marry, ask about booking an appointment. You should purchase a dress and rings and show receipts. Those things are not dependent on a visa. Most venues will allow you to book provisionally and will hold a date for you without requiring a deposit.

This is also a good reason to include a letter of introduction from the sponsor which states intent to marry and a brief summary of the relationship, engagement, intentions for the future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you but the registry office will not book an appointment until he is in the country for 9 days. They also do not email information I have just been on the phone with them and they refuse both.

Any suggestions

·
Registered
171 Posts
Which registry office is this? Correct that you won't be able to actually book an appointment, but often people show evidence of email communication with the registry office just by stating intent and a request for more information.

Don't call. Email the office (they all have email).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its Harrow council! its so frustrating!

I have emailed them as well and they have asked me to call to give me information.
I guess Ill print that email thread.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's still fine, as it shows you've contacted them for information about giving notice for your wedding and received an acknowledgment. I would still urge you to have a provisional venue booking and receipts for wedding particulars.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Register offices have been instructed by Home Office not to make any marriage arrangement with couples involving a non-EEA citizen without seeing their fiancé(e) or marriage visit visa. Some don't keep to it and book an appointment to give notice. That's why I suggested secondary evidence like a ring or dress receipt and provisional venue booking (though most require non-refundable deposit). Or car service, photographer or florist.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Register offices have been instructed by Home Office not to make any marriage arrangement with couples involving a non-EEA citizen without seeing their fiancé(e) or marriage visit visa. Some don't keep to it and book an appointment to give notice.
Yeah, when we were first looking into the fiancée visa route, my partner was able to secure an appointment through email simply by not mentioning the fact that I was subject to immigration control, and they did not ask. I know of other people who were able to do this as well. It sometimes works and is worth a try, but probably too late for the OP now.

The wedding venues we looked at were able to send an email with wording akin to "we have provisionally booked XX date for you" though it's better evidence to have financial commitments made

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.