Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have the Russian citizenship but normally live since 13 years in Germany. I have the residence permit of Germany. So I am allowed to travel thought all Shengen-countries. At the moment I live in France as a volounteer for one year in a subcity of Paris. I am awared that I am not allowed to travel to the UK as they did not sign the Shengen-contract. I had made an appointements in the British VISA application Center in Paris for the 03.10.2017 So it is really urgent. I had already payed my VISA-FEE and have all neccessary documents. Now I have a question if I need a translation of my German residence permit or better said will the application Center accept me if I do not have a document in which is stated, that I have the residence permit of the country from which I am applying. In my case a French VISA or French residence permit. So will they accept me with my German residence permit or not? (the only two English words on the residence card are: résidence permit).

I am thankfull for every useful answer and hope someone here can help me.

With best regards, Vlad :)

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I don't think proof of your country of residence is required when you're applying for a standard visitor visa, since you can apply for this visa from anywhere (even as a tourist) - So if you've applied for a standard visit visa, this should not be a problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I had applied for a Standard visitors Visa. But are you shure that it is like this or is it just an assumption ?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I am sure

Your residence permit isn't a required document for a standard visit visa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.