Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been granted leave to remain after extending my initial spouse visa last Wednesday (premium service). I have a letter stating my BRP resident permit, will arrive in 7 working days but I have to travel out of UK tomorrow.

Please also note that my current spouse visa is valid until 10th of October. Would it be OK for me to travel with my passport / approval letter and without BRP, noting that I have time left on my current visa?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No. While it will be at the discretion of the Border Force Officer whether to allow you back in, there isn't much you can do if they decide not to exercise it and send you back. Your original visa has now been superseded by your new leave to remain and can't be used for re-entry.
What you can do is to get a family member to courier you your BRP when it arrives so you will have it with you when you travel back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Joppa

My husband has been recently approved a spouse visa, I was wondering whether he is able to travel to different parts of Europe for example, on this visa or whether he has to apply for visas for that country. It would be just for holiday. We have an apartment in Bulgaria and would love to take him so wondered how possible it is.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It depends entirely on his nationality. If his nationality requires a visa, then he does regardless of spouse visa. With a UK spouse visa, it may make it slightly easier to get a visa, it should be issued free and usually for longer than you apply for, such as one year, with each visit limited to 90 in 180 days.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It depends entirely on his nationality. If his nationality requires a visa, then he does regardless of spouse visa. With a UK spouse visa, it may make it slightly easier to get a visa, it should be issued free and usually for longer than you apply for, such as one year, with each visit limited to 90 in 180 days.
Hes Egyptian so for sure would require one.
Thanks for your help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.