Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 2 queries:

I want to know that if someone has 10 years experience as software engineer after Bachelors of Arts degree (Non- ICT qualification), how much years of experience they will deduct in ACS assessment, 6 years or only 2 years?

Any help regarding RPL? Already gone through the links on ACS website. But need more information.

Any one, wise is ready to PM, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ACS will deduct 6 years in this case, if you need any help writing your RPL just go ahead and ask

·
Registered
292 Posts
ACS will deduct 6 years in this case, if you need any help writing your RPL just go ahead and ask
I need help writing my RPL.. Where to start from?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I need help writing my RPL.. Where to start from?
It might seem overwhelming at first, but it's quite simple actually.

you have to download this file:
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/file/0006/9537/ACS-Project-Report-Form-2014.docx

The file is divided into 2 main parts, the key areas of knowledge and the project reports

for the first part, you can refer to this file:
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/5969/Key-Areas-of-Knowledge.pdf

In my case, I mentioned each area of knowledge that I have experience with, how I acquired this knowledge and how I used it in my work environment. I mentioned the books and courses I read and attended, projects I participated in and even put links to my github account where I published a few open source projects that I did and screen shots of some programs that I've written.

The second part is the projects report, you have to write about 2 projects that you took part in describing your rules and responsibilities, the problems you faced and the approach you used to tackle them.

if you need help regarding any specific point just go ahead and ask.

Reactions: jelli-kallu

·
Registered
292 Posts
It might seem overwhelming at first, but it's quite simple actually.

you have to download this file:
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/file/0006/9537/ACS-Project-Report-Form-2014.docx

The file is divided into 2 main parts, the key areas of knowledge and the project reports

for the first part, you can refer to this file:
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/5969/Key-Areas-of-Knowledge.pdf

In my case, I mentioned each area of knowledge that I have experience with, how I acquired this knowledge and how I used it in my work environment. I mentioned the books and courses I read and attended, projects I participated in and even put links to my github account where I published a few open source projects that I did and screen shots of some programs that I've written.

The second part is the projects report, you have to write about 2 projects that you took part in describing your rules and responsibilities, the problems you faced and the approach you used to tackle them.

if you need help regarding any specific point just go ahead and ask.
Great! i am noting down all of this.. also i have few vendor certifcations like CCNA and MCP, but i need points for my degree and not for diplomas! how i can sort it out?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great! i am noting down all of this.. also i have few vendor certifcations like CCNA and MCP, but i need points for my degree and not for diplomas! how i can sort it out?
Well, you couldn't use your vendor certificates for assessment anyway. refer to the assessment guidelines here: https://www.acs.org.au/__data/asset...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

CCNA and MCP are not accepted by ACS, yet they will serve your RPL well, you could mention them in the key areas of knowledge part, you should also include your transcripts with the application.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help needed for ACS & RPL

I did my graduation in Mechanical engineering and working as software engineer in india. I have only 2.5 years of experience in IT. Just wondering will I get positive assessment if i submit ACS & RPL for software engineer 261313?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes you will definitely get a positive assessment. However, ACS will deduct 2 years from your experience. That will leave you with only 0.5 years of experience.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
Having done mechanical engineering the minimum requirement is 6 years will be deducted as your education is not closely related to your occupation. Usually if you go via RPL route they will deduct 6 years.
As you do not meet the minimum criteria I am not sure whether you can submit to ACS for assessing.
I would suggest go through threads in this forum and find similar cases should be there.

Reactions: jelli-kallu

·
Registered
391 Posts
hi,
Having done mechanical engineering the minimum requirement is 6 years will be deducted as your education is not closely related to your occupation. Usually if you go via RPL route they will deduct 6 years.
As you do not meet the minimum criteria I am not sure whether you can submit to ACS for assessing.
I would suggest go through threads in this forum and find similar cases should be there.
I stand corrected, thank you!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, you couldn't use your vendor certificates for assessment anyway. refer to the assessment guidelines here: https://www.acs.org.au/__data/asset...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

CCNA and MCP are not accepted by ACS, yet they will serve your RPL well, you could mention them in the key areas of knowledge part, you should also include your transcripts with the application.
Thanks K.Kashwa! you been great help! one more question please! how many years they will prolly be deducting from my work experience considering the certifications? two or six?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks K.Kashwa! you been great help! one more question please! how many years they will prolly be deducting from my work experience considering the certifications? two or six?
If you go through the RPL route, regardless of the certification, they are still going to deduct 6 years of your experience.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you go through the RPL route, regardless of the certification, they are still going to deduct 6 years of your experience.
k.kashwaa, are you saying acs deducts 6 years if one has a mechanical engineering background and is an IT professional? Please do elaborate.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
k.kashwaa, If one is Mechanical Engineering and total 9 years of IT exp. and going through RPL route, 6 years will be deducted, so for remaining 3 years one can claim 5 points for experience. And please let us know how much point we can claim for our Mechanical degree? I guess 15 point, correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
86 Posts
k.kashwaa, If one is Mechanical Engineering and total 9 years of IT exp. and going through RPL route, 6 years will be deducted, so for remaining 3 years one can claim 5 points for experience. And please let us know how much point we can claim for our Mechanical degree? I guess 15 point, correct me if I am wrong.
You may claim 5 points for the remaining 3 years of your experience and 15 points for your engineering degree. You will have to apply for Vetassess points test advice (qualification only) to be eligible for that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can we get 15 points for BCOM degree with excutive MBA?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can we get 15 points for BCOM degree with excutive MBA?
contact me might be i can help u in rpl and points calculation, i am from Karachi.
<SNIP>

Please don't post personal information on the forum - it's for your own protection.
See Rule 4 here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html

Once you have made 5 posts (please don't make nonsense posts just to raise the number of posts made) you can use the Personal Messaging system to send and receive messages to and from others.

Thank you.
kaju/moderator

·
Registered
7 Posts
contact me might be i can help u in rpl and points calculation, i am from Karachi.
<SNIP>

Please don't post personal information on the forum - it's for your own protection.
See Rule 4 here:

Once you have made 5 posts (please don't make nonsense posts just to raise the number of posts made) you can use the Personal Messaging system to send and receive messages to and from others.

Thank you.
kaju/moderator
thanks for correction and warring, i made a mistake, secondly would you plz let me know how to edit my post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts