Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've just picked up my passport from the embassy and I'm so excited to say I got a visa in it.

I applied for Fiancé-settlement visa but on my visa they wrote marriage/cp with my fiance name.

The girl who gave me the visa said after we get married I need to leave the UK and I know that after we get married I apply for spouse visa in the UK.

Is my type of visa wrong? The visa doesn't say Fiancé.

I'm happy I got the visa but worried now they stemped it wrong.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The visa is correct. They don't use the word fiancé(e) on visas. If you were already married, it would say 'Spouse/CP'.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The visa is correct. They don't use the word fiancé(e) on visas. If you were already married, it would say 'Spouse/CP'.
Big thank you!!
I was so worried I got a visit marriage visa instead of fiance visa.
The lady in the embassy confused me as she said its only for visit and I have to come back to apply again. I didn't apply for that obviously.

Also, I saw its a multiple entry and as far as I know I can enter with it only once then apply for spouse after we marry.

Thank you so much for answering I couldn't be happy as I thought they approved the wrong visa. I'm sooooooooo happy now :dance:

This is the most helpful forum!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Big thank you!!
I was so worried I got a visit marriage visa instead of fiance visa.
The lady in the embassy confused me as she said its only for visit and I have to come back to apply again. I didn't apply for that obviously.

Also, I saw its a multiple entry and as far as I know I can enter with it only once then apply for spouse after we marry.

Thank you so much for answering I couldn't be happy as I thought they approved the wrong visa. I'm sooooooooo happy now :dance:

This is the most helpful forum!
Until the date that you get married, you can enter and leave the UK as many times as you wish. After you get married, the "multi entry" portion of the visa is cancelled and you need to get your FLR(M) application approved before the original fiancé(e) visa expires.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

Reactions: KTLin

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, that would be a sensible rule to take, though the immigration officer can use discretion to let you back in after marriage if you have firm plan to apply for spouse leave, but don't count on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.