Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for my fiancée visa today and filed under Settlement and Marriage as instructed. I am a US Citizen and fiancé is British. For marital status I selected Fiancée/Proposed Civil Partner and when asked what is your relationship to sponsor I selected ‘Friend’ as I didn’t see an option for fiancée and just saw partner (and assumed that was meant for same-sex couples). Can someone advise whether or not this will affect my application?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, although not specifically correct, it will be ok if you have paid the correct fees and they will see the purpose of your application. The answers are not fatal if the fees are correct.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You should have selected "partner" as this is intended to cover all romantic partnerships. I doubt it will have a bearing on your application as it will be obvious from your cover letter and intent to marry that you are in a romantic relationship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies! A really silly mistake on my part. I discovered another mistake - I entered in the wrong date on the expiry date for my student visa that I provided. I will do the same and cross the line out and write the correct date.

The Home Office has access to the correct information regarding my previous visa anyway and will hopefully understand it was a minor error.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.