Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I need some help regarding ACS re-assessment, I will highly appreciate any kind of information.

I had assessed all of my documents through ACS one year ago, and today I submitted new application to re-assess them again including my new employment experience.

As per new ACS system we cannot create a new application, we have to upload new documents to our existing application. Previously, I had assessed three employment letters, but now I want ACS to ignore one of my previous employments while assessing my new application. As I know that we cannot remove or delete any doc once it is submitted. However, my question is that is it possible to write an email to CO and request him/her to ignore one of my previous employments in my new application??

The reason that I want ACS to ignore one of my experience in the old application is that the employer is not cooperative and they are not providing me my salary slips and tax statement. Moreover, the employment duration is also very short just 4 months as previously assessed by ACS. Now these 4 months are not going to help me in any way because currently my experience is more that 5 years excluding these 4 months. So I am wondering why to submit such employment to DIAC for which I cannot provide salary slips and tax information. This will unnecessarily make my case suspicious even though I have bank salary transactions for those 4 months. Furthermore, I do not want to go on the path of statutory declaration etc because why to make simple and clean things complicated and suspicious.

So following are my questions:

1. Can I email to my CO to ignore one of my previously assessed employment reference in my new application after assessment is complete?

2. Will it affect my process in any way in any phase?

Regards,
Inayat

·
Registered
21 Posts
No. ACS won't agree to remove any previous experiences. They will include them in all new assessments.

On thing you can do is, don't claim points for that experience and exclude in DIAC application.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. ACS won't agree to remove any previous experiences. They will include them in all new assessments.

On thing you can do is, don't claim points for that experience and exclude in DIAC application.
Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I am wondering if I exclude this experience in EOI, will DIAC not ask me for documents for its proof because it is mentioned in the ACS letter?

One thing to confirm; by excluding in DIAC application you mean I should exclude it in the EOI and further applications?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should NOT exclude anything which was previously assessed by ACS. Hiding any information will go against you, and it'll raise suspicions. So as suggested above, your best bet is to not include that experience in EOI, it should not be a problem. You can choose not to include your experience at all, it is your call.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should NOT exclude anything which was previously assessed by ACS. Hiding any information will go against you, and it'll raise suspicions. So as suggested above, your best bet is to not include that experience in EOI, it should not be a problem. You can choose not to include your experience at all, it is your call.
Sorry, I meant that don't claim points for that expereince but do mention it in EOI if it was assessed by ACS previously. To process your case smoothly, it is wise to never hide anything from your CO, they are very cooprative and understand your logic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry, I meant that don't claim points for that expereince but do mention it in EOI if it was assessed by ACS previously. To process your case smoothly, it is wise to never hide anything from your CO, they are very cooprative and understand your logic.
how one mention this in EOI and not claim point for the same. If you are mark this record as irrelevant to not count the point, which acutally is not matching with ACS letter as it may be saying this record is relevant to the profession?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, got it. Thanks for clarifying it. It is a relief.
It means there is an option in EOI in front of every employment such as "Claim Points" or "Relevant", and I just have to select irrelevant so the CO will not ask for its documents.

I hope I understood correctly.

Thanks once again guys.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how one mention this in EOI and not claim point for the same. If you are mark this record as irrelevant to not count the point, which acutally is not matching with ACS letter as it may be saying this record is relevant to the profession?

Yes your point is quite valid, because then the EOI and ACS result will not match. ACS says the experience is relevant and EOI says it is not. This is what makes me worry because the CO may think that I cheated on ACS.

Anyone who have been through this kind of situation can clarify it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I am in trouble because of two different point of views and both of them seems quite right but they are opposite.:confused:

I am much confused: :confused:

:pray:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes your point is quite valid, because then the EOI and ACS result will not match. ACS says the experience is relevant and EOI says it is not. This is what makes me worry because the CO may think that I cheated on ACS.

Anyone who have been through this kind of situation can clarify it.
Sorry, I didn't want to increase your worry but just put my thought.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I didn't want to increase your worry but just put my thought.
No problem. I am grateful to you that you put your valuable thought into it. Thank you.

Sharing different opinions and experiences on this matter will help me understand what actually I need to do to safely proceed.

rhassan also seems quite logical, I hope that is the way to address this problem.

I will appreciate if some other fellows can also share their thoughts over this matter so that I find the solution to this problem before I receive the ACS letter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ACS rejected my 2 years of experience out of 9yrs, deeming it irrelevant with the job duties of applied occupation. However, my employer has agreed to revise the job duties as he was earlier miss-communicated about my roles & responsibilities. Will ACS consider those 2 yrs now if I file for reassessment?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I am wondering if I exclude this experience in EOI, will DIAC not ask me for documents for its proof because it is mentioned in the ACS letter?

One thing to confirm; by excluding in DIAC application you mean I should exclude it in the EOI and further applications?
ACS assessment and DIBP assessment are different. I have seen people denied assessment by assessment authority but successfully claimed it with DIBP.

Anyway, if you are not claiming points, CO usually won't be interested to ask for proof that you marked not relevant in EOI even if it is assessed by ACS. CO only wants proof of your points claim and not everything that is being assessed in the letter.

I have seen people who got work exp assessed but didn't claimed it in EOI, cos they had enough points and didn't wanted to go through all the hassle of verification as it usually delays the visa grant. Hence, based on those I think if you are not claiming, you won't have to prove.

Plus you have enough reason to explain if CO asks that your unclaimed work exp company is not being cooperative and hence you decided to ignore that. It is a valid and acceptable reason.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you don't want to claim points for employment, it's totally up to you. When you submit your EOI, you can choose not claim specific period of time by claiming it irrelevant.

If OP doesn't want to claim points for a specific period, he can select it as irrelevant.

However, it is not a guarantee that CO will not ask documents for that period even if you mark it as irrelevant.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now I am in trouble because of two different point of views and both of them seems quite right but they are opposite.:confused:

I am much confused: :confused:

:pray:
You shouldn't be worried at all. Just prepare documents for that 4 months, because there is a very slim chance that your CO might ask for it. Verifying it or not is up to him.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ACS rejected my 2 years of experience out of 9yrs, deeming it irrelevant with the job duties of applied occupation. However, my employer has agreed to revise the job duties as he was earlier miss-communicated about my roles & responsibilities. Will ACS consider those 2 yrs now if I file for reassessment?
ACS always deduct two years of experience, no matter what. So if you re-assess you'll probably lose your money as the result will the same. Please refer to their online documents, it's clearly mentioned there. If you hold an ICT (4 years degree) they deduct 2 years, for non-ICT degree, they deduct up to 4 to 6 years. I applied based on Cisco certifications, they deducted 6 years from my experience.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You shouldn't be worried at all. Just prepare documents for that 4 months, because there is a very slim chance that your CO might ask for it. Verifying it or not is up to him.

Thank all of you guys for your valuable input. Actually I emailed ACS and asked them if they can ignore one of my previously assessed employment in my new application upon my request because the employer is not cooperative. So they replied me that YES it is possible, and they asked me to email them so that CO will make a note.

Hence the issue resolved. And if anyone else come across such kind of situation this thread can help him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ACS always deduct two years of experience, no matter what. So if you re-assess you'll probably lose your money as the result will the same. Please refer to their online documents, it's clearly mentioned there. If you hold an ICT (4 years degree) they deduct 2 years, for non-ICT degree, they deduct up to 4 to 6 years. I applied based on Cisco certifications, they deducted 6 years from my experience.
They already deducted my 4 years as I hold ICT degree. The 2 years I mentioned are of my valid employment besides the 4 years they deducted. I think few of the job duties were missed by my employer. Now, my employer is ready to revise those job duties. Can I re-apply with the updated job duties? What are the chances?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank all of you guys for your valuable input. Actually I emailed ACS and asked them if they can ignore one of my previously assessed employment in my new application upon my request because the employer is not cooperative. So they replied me that YES it is possible, and they asked me to email them so that CO will make a note.

Hence the issue resolved. And if anyone else come across such kind of situation this thread can help him.
Nice to see the issue is resolved.

How long they took to acknowledge your email?

I sent them a email 4 days back, no reply yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I am sorry to say that ACS sent me another email on the next day and acknowledged that it was a mistake on their side, and that their policy does not allow ignoring any employment entry. All entries will be assessed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts