Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
I have received my +ve ACS assessment recently and for further steps I happen to have some queries, so need your expert advice on the same.

Q1: Can I not claim any experience for which I was assessed positive by ACS.
Actually I want to exclude some experience because I do not have any Salary Slips ,Tax document,form 16 and bank statements for the period I worked for one of the Company.
It was only for 5 months and I do not see any impact of this on my points as well.
But my only concern is..will it cause any issues if i mark it as irrelevant in EOI and do not claim points. Will it be a kind of discrepancy or it is ok??

Q2: On the relationship evidence....I saw some posts in this from that even though your have marriage certificate from India...you have to have some other means to prove the relationship...Actually I am married and having a two year kid... as I expect an invitation in sep , so I am not sure like what else I will be able to provide to the CO at the time of visa application.
Can anybody let me know what all other things apart from marriage certificate can work...because it doest not make sense if I open a joint bank account now and give it later maybe only 2 to 3 months down the line...please suggest a way out like any legal undertaking declaration etc.

Q3: Any tricky part while filling EOI..would be appreciable

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Dear Friends,
I have received my +ve ACS assessment recently and for further steps I happen to have some queries, so need your expert advice on the same.

Q1: Can I not claim any experience for which I was assessed positive by ACS.
Actually I want to exclude some experience because I do not have any Salary Slips ,Tax document,form 16 and bank statements for the period I worked for one of the Company.
It was only for 5 months and I do not see any impact of this on my points as well.
But my only concern is..will it cause any issues if i mark it as irrelevant in EOI and do not claim points. Will it be a kind of discrepancy or it is ok??

Q2: On the relationship evidence....I saw some posts in this from that even though your have marriage certificate from India...you have to have some other means to prove the relationship...Actually I am married and having a two year kid... as I expect an invitation in sep , so I am not sure like what else I will be able to provide to the CO at the time of visa application.
Can anybody let me know what all other things apart from marriage certificate can work...because it doest not make sense if I open a joint bank account now and give it later maybe only 2 to 3 months down the line...please suggest a way out like any legal undertaking declaration etc.

Q3: Any tricky part while filling EOI..would be appreciable

Thanks a lot in advance.
1. You can mark any portion of the experience as non relevant for the period you do not have sufficient evidence. No repercussions

Take care to claim points only after the month ACS has allowed you in the assessment letter
The disallowed period also has to be mentioned in the EOI and marked as non relevant

2. EOI requires no evidence for marriage. Just add the spouse name that's all

In the sticky thread I have posted the links to the video on how to,lodge the EOI.
Go through it
It's very informative
It's a very very simple form.
If you are stuck on any question. Just ask on the forum, the members will surely help you out

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. You can mark any portion of the experience as non relevant for the period you do not have sufficient evidence. No repercussions

Take care to claim points only after the month ACS has allowed you in the assessment letter
The disallowed period also has to be mentioned in the EOI and marked as non relevant

2. EOI requires no evidence for marriage. Just add the spouse name that's all

In the sticky thread I have posted the links to the video on how to,lodge the EOI.
Go through it
It's very informative
It's a very very simple form.
If you are stuck on any question. Just ask on the forum, the members will surely help you out

Cheers
Thanks buddy!!!
Just on this relationship evidence i am being proactive because I foresee issues if DIBP guys are adamant on other proof than marriage cert.
Not sure....this way If I am not able to provide any other thing....then this whole journey is worth having???...!!!!
Sure I will refer to those videos!!

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Thanks buddy!!!
Just on this relationship evidence i am being proactive because I foresee issues if DIBP guys are adamant on other proof than marriage cert.
Not sure....this way If I am not able to provide any other thing....then this whole journey is worth having???...!!!!
I presume you have been married for several years

Over the years you would have joint assets, joint rental agreements, joint holidays bills, air tickets, photographs. Just start collecting them.
Moreover you have a child which also goes to prove your relationship

It's not a very difficult task to prove genuine relationship if you are not newly married

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks buddy!!!
If you really need something else apart from marriage certificate, the next best thing is having your spouse name added in the passport.

I think that should be good enough, but like the other member has mentioned these things may not be really required.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you really need something else apart from marriage certificate, the next best thing is having your spouse name added in the passport.

I think that should be good enough, but like the other member has mentioned these things may not be really required.
Thanks a lot guys..it gives me a sigh of relief....

I already have my wife's name added in my passport and her is having my name added and our kid has both our's names added...

Also I will start collecting whatever can corroborate for the relationship as pointed out by my friend.

Thanks newbienz and latishpk a lot for the info !!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts