Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am about to purchase a car, likely from private owner.
What is the best place and way to have it checked out

regarding, real KM, accidents, general conditions of the car and performance or anything else?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
616 Posts
Get it tested at the car registration place if possible, even if it means paying extra. You don't want it to fail its first registration after it becomes your.
Also, see if you can find out from insurance companies if it has been written off previously in an accident.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is a website on AD police site that lets you see all previous accident reports and you should also have full inspection and repair estimate done at garage (most will do for small sum of cash)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot, I have been in countries they had specialized places for full check up only for the purpose of purchasing the car, thus asking for it.

I went to a show to have the car inspected by a mechanic but did I not feel confident he did a good job.

any recomendation for a good shop in Abu Dhabi near Al Reem/ Tourist club area?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
53 Posts
No sorry, but a lot of locals swear by Mohamed Ijaz car check, 200 aed, front of lifeline hospital, mussafah. 02 555 6465 Ask locals

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jamal Auto Works in Mussaffa... ask to talk to Mr. Thomas, tell him you were sent (he'll know what it means).

He'll check it out for you for less than 100 Dhs... I've brought him several vehicles before I purchased them and he's actively helped me understand what is going wrong.

Best mechanic I've found in the UAE by FAR.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jamal Auto Works in Mussaffa... ask to talk to Mr. Thomas, tell him you were sent (he'll know what it means).

He'll check it out for you for less than 100 Dhs... I've brought him several vehicles before I purchased them and he's actively helped me understand what is going wrong.

Best mechanic I've found in the UAE by FAR.
I go there for almost a year a reliable workshop for any work he even has paint shop and does great job priced reasonably

If you need parts I go to this place near the exit to Abu Dhabi in mussafah another great place and not overpriced
I can attach a map on both places if anyone's interested

Sent from my MB865 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi, I am about to purchase a car, likely from private owner.
What is the best place and way to have it checked out

regarding, real KM, accidents, general conditions of the car and performance or anything else?

thanks a lot
get the seller to do the test for you beforehand, so you know that it will pass. you can log into police website and check the plate number etc if its been in accidents, which most cars will have so dont worry too much as most times they will have been scratched in the car parks etc and then the garage will change the bumpers etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts