Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

A quick backstory: I am from Cairo, Egypt and I recently received my CAS letter from Liverpool John Moores University and then started an application on Visa4UK website and completed everything, including the payment of the application fees and the IHS insurance, I also received all of them on my email so that's fine.

I then realized I made a HUGE mistake because I chose my own bank account as means of support but then I realized that the minimum amount required in my account, as per my university's calculations (12,950 GBP) actually dropped throughout the 28 days for just ONE day.

I had about 17600 - 1800 USD ever since I started my account and then one day I made a big payment and it dropped to around 16892 if I remember correctly, and at that day it was still $2 more than the minimum required and I ended up depositing $800 USD the next day, however according to today's exchange rates, constant fluctuations and my university's advice, it is better if I wait another 28 days for the amount to be correct and more than the minimum.

I am not sure you understand me completely but what I mean is that I feel like the minimum amount required actually dropped for one day because of the constant fluctuations and such, and I don't want my application to get rejected because of the popular "not enough funds" reason.

I NEED to change this in my application and have my father be my sponsor. I am UNABLE to amend my application at this point and my visa appointment is now on Monday (changed it from this Thursday, the 3rd of August) in order to give myself enough time to be able to contact someone and have it done.

Is there ANYONE I can contact in order to amend this? I know that some people usually edit it in the printed application but I feel like it's a BIG change rather than a minor one. And could you please tell me what I need to include if I am going to have my father be my sponsor? I heard there was some sort of letter and "proof of relationship" but I don't really understand.

Please help me as my appointment is on Monday and I need to fix this as soon as possible, and I am truly sorry for the long post.

Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't send them the new bankstatement. Do you have any printed bank statement for last 30 days which shows the full amount. You can submit that statement but don't send them the new statement which shows one day less as it will be refused.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't send them the new bankstatement. Do you have any printed bank statement for last 30 days which shows the full amount. You can submit that statement but don't send them the new statement which shows one day less as it will be refused.
Thanks for your reply. I opened the account in the beginning of July so any bank statement I request WILL include the day the amount decreased a bit which is why I'd lile to modify thr application

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I opened the account in the beginning of July so any bank statement I request WILL include the day the amount decreased a bit which is why I'd lile to modify thr application
They should be able to print you a bank statement just to BEFORE that day you made a mistake.. FROM X Day to X Day showing your balance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@TarekElsakka I'm applying for Tier 4 as well from Cairo. I applied in 24 July and still no results. Did you got your visa yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
@TarekElsakka I'm applying for Tier 4 as well from Cairo. I applied in 24 July and still no results. Did you got your visa yet?
Not really. I applied on the 8th of August and am still waiting for the result. TLS told me it takes around 20 days. You should have received an answer by now since you applied on the 24th of July. Could you please contact me on my cell when you have time? xxxxxx [don't disclose personal info on public forum - Mod]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am still waiting. I did called them and escalated the issue, but they said you will check and return to me "soon". Some say it is because of the peak time and they have all the applications in one center point in the Home Office. However, when we applies, we planned our life based on 2-3 weeks.

The moderator removed your number from the message. So, I will keep you updated here. So keep tuned!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is that I am unable to private message you, for some reason, which is why I posted my number here in the first place. Anyways, I hope it works out for you. Your whole dilemma makes me even more worried and makes me regret that I didn't choose the "priority service" thing in the first place. My semester starts on the 27th of September so I need to be there before then, and I have no idea if they're going to accept me or not but I really hope they do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still waiting. I did called them and escalated the issue, but they said you will check and return to me "soon". Some say it is because of the peak time and they have all the applications in one center point in the Home Office. However, when we applies, we planned our life based on 2-3 weeks.

The moderator removed your number from the message. So, I will keep you updated here. So keep tuned!
Any updates?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
It seems as though relmansy chose not to accept private messages from other members when registering their account.
relmansy has only made 2 posts. He/she needs to post 5 times before he/she can send or receive PMs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any updates? Did you receive your visa yet? I still didn't receive mine ;(
Nothing here either. This is absolutely ridiculous, to be honest. I cannot believe they still haven't made a decision. There must be something wrong, it cannot be just a regular 'peak'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I totally agree. They must have a crisis plan to face the peak time. The university told me this is their busiest month. Also, while search, I find some info for the application from USA. The bad news, that they said it may take 8 months during the peak. I called them and did escalation (paid GBP 50 in addition to the Vodafone cost), it is totally useless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I totally agree. They must have a crisis plan to face the peak time. The university told me this is their busiest month. Also, while search, I find some info for the application from USA. The bad news, that they said it may take 8 months during the peak. I called them and did escalation (paid GBP 50 in addition to the Vodafone cost), it is totally useless.
8 months? That's irrational. It should take 30 days at most, even during the peak, especially considering that the semester starts mid September so they HAVE to make a decision before then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that the decision is made as soon as possible, and hopefully it's an acceptance rather than a rejection because I'm certainly depending on this to move forward in my life.

Let's hope it works out isA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear Tarek, I am sorry I mean 8 weeks not months. Yet, I saw people posts got a lawyer for court case because they got months of delay. I've the same situation here too. I applied a complain yesterday mentioning my case and why this delay will affect me badly on different levels.
It is one of the hardest time in our life I believe, and we need to move forward as you said. Everything gonna be Ok ISA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dear Tarek, I am sorry I mean 8 weeks not months. Yet, I saw people posts got a lawyer for court case because they got months of delay. I've the same situation here too. I applied a complain yesterday mentioning my case and why this delay will affect me badly on different levels.
It is one of the hardest time in our life I believe, and we need to move forward as you said. Everything gonna be Ok ISA.
I got the visa today!!! I'm very excited. I woke up to an email that the decision has been made and then an hour later I received another email that the documents and passport are ready for pick-up at TLS Contact. It was 3:30 and they close at 4:00, so I had to run but thankfully I got there on time and was able to retrieve my documents.

I really wish you the best of luck and I hope you get it too. My advice would be to pay TLS a visit and see if there's anything they can do to help you while you're over there, perhaps get you in touch with a certain contact or something.

I really hope it works out for you isA!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.