Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Can anyone help me in job reference letter query. I have worked in total 5 companies till so far. I can easily manage reference letter from all the companies except one which was my second company. Actually, I have no idea if that company is closed or not, though site is not working. However, I can find a lot of details of the company on google.
I can find other employees of that company but most of them are not in Delhi NCR, and I have no contact with them since I left the organization. Above all, I am not sure if they will be ready to give me their reference.

Good thing is, I have found my Team Leader on Facebook who was in that company and working in Abu Dhabi (U.A.E). He can give his reference without any problem. But I have a concern on job reference letter if I have to take his sign also on the letter other than his email ID, Contact number. He is in Abu Dhabi now, how will I show his signature on letter. Please let me know what to do in this case.

Please someone help me into this ASAP.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi There,

Can anyone help me in job reference letter query. I have worked in total 5 companies till so far. I can easily manage reference letter from all the companies except one which was my second company. Actually, I have no idea if that company is closed or not, though site is not working. However, I can find a lot of details of the company on google.
I can find other employees of that company but most of them are not in Delhi NCR, and I have no contact with them since I left the organization. Above all, I am not sure if they will be ready to give me their reference.

Good thing is, I have found my Team Leader on Facebook who was in that company and working in Abu Dhabi (U.A.E). He can give his reference without any problem. But I have a concern on job reference letter if I have to take his sign also on the letter other than his email ID, Contact number. He is in Abu Dhabi now, how will I show his signature on letter. Please let me know what to do in this case.

The colleague needs to issue a statutory declaration. Since he is in some other country so obviously he needs to get the statutory declaration done there as it needs his signature and place details as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hello Timmona,

Here is what I did for the case where I could not get a HR reference letter.

I contacted my Manager and sent him two documents:
1. The Relieving letter from the company
2. A regular word document in the form of a statutory declaration where I have listed out the duties performed during my tenure with the organization. This was aligned in such a way that the first page can be printed on a stamp paper (1 para providing details that so and so person was employed in abc company between <dates> and the designation and role was so and so) and second page can be printed with the rest of the data. (Duties and the rest of the document)

In Karnataka there are no stamp papers like other places as we have e-stamps. So I requested him to print the page 2 which has the necessary details, sign it at the bottom and also date it. Post this he scanned the page into a PDF and sent it back me (with highest resolution possible).

I printed the first page on the stamp paper, second page on a bond paper and got both of them notarized through a public notary. Submitted the same to the relevant assessment authority.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
Hello Timmona,

Here is what I did for the case where I could not get a HR reference letter.

I contacted my Manager and sent him two documents:
1. The Relieving letter from the company
2. A regular word document in the form of a statutory declaration where I have listed out the duties performed during my tenure with the organization. This was aligned in such a way that the first page can be printed on a stamp paper (1 para providing details that so and so person was employed in abc company between <dates> and the designation and role was so and so) and second page can be printed with the rest of the data. (Duties and the rest of the document)

In Karnataka there are no stamp papers like other places as we have e-stamps. So I requested him to print the page 2 which has the necessary details, sign it at the bottom and also date it. Post this he scanned the page into a PDF and sent it back me (with highest resolution possible).

I printed the first page on the stamp paper, second page on a bond paper and got both of them notarized through a public notary. Submitted the same to the relevant assessment authority.

Hope this helps.
In my opinion, what you have done is extremely wrong

The statutory declaration has to be signed by the person giving the declaration in the presence of the notary and the notary has to in turn certify that he has witnessed the signing

You cannot get the declaration signed first and then sent to you electronically for you to get it notarised at a different place and date

The notary who has done this for you has committed a fraud as he has certified something which is not true

You may have got away with it, but please don't recommend other members to go down this road

Cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
This was followed by another person who is already in Aus as of 2014. So did the same.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Also,in most cases letter from company is signed and the person who signed might not be still in the same company during verification.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi newbienz, in that case what should be done ? Do you have any suggestion?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi There,

The colleague needs to issue a statutory declaration. Since he is in some other country so obviously he needs to get the statutory declaration done there as it needs his signature and place details as well.
So as per Mr Sharma this would be a better way

·
Registered
579 Posts
But it all depends on how comfortable your manager is able to help get the document notarized.

The example I gave was done by a person staying in Delhi in another forum who has done this similar way when his manager was in US and he in Delhi.

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
Hi There,

Firstly what he is giving is a statutory declaration and not a reference letter.
Please use the correct terms so that there is no confusion to those reading the posts

As long as the person is ready to complete the process in ABU dhabi, it's not an hurdle as your presence is not required at any stage

But the entire process has to be completed there itself

Each country have their own laws regarding how when and where the statutory declaration can be executed

So your team leader has to find out the process for the same locally and complete the same.
After completing it totally, he can scan the same and send it to you for submission to ACSAnd other agencies as require

Please ensure that you get the original also for your records

Cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
Firstly what he is giving is a statutory declaration and not a reference letter.
Please use the correct terms so that there is no confusion to those reading the posts

As long as the person is ready to complete the process in ABU dhabi, it's not an hurdle as your presence is not required at any stage

But the entire process has to be completed there itself

Each country have their own laws regarding how when and where the statutory declaration can be executed

So your team leader has to find out the process for the same locally and complete the same.
After completing it totally, he can scan the same and send it to you for submission to ACSAnd other agencies as require

Please ensure that you get the original also for your records

Cheers
No offence here my dear friend. But I had followed this for one statutory doc of my experience, which while submitting for my ACS I had chosen not to use it as it just another document which is sure to get rejected as it is not matching the skill/ANZSCO code (complete unrelated experience).

The rest of the docs have been done in presence of the notary as advised in this forum.

So I just gave information as to what I did, but as Mr. Sharma also mentioned here (along with you), the person declaring the information, has to follow the process at his place.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ... Thanks .. for this too I have to convince him. As it sounds so impossible that any person can find out 1-2 hour time from his busy schedule to get my work done ... will be thankful to him if he does so

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts