Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am a British citizen live in Qatar married and want to apply for the UK spouse visa while I am here. Is that possible, or I have to be in the UK in order to apply for him?

Thank you for your time,

Best,
Sarmoody

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Your spouse applies and you sponsor him. If he applies in Qatar, you must be returning to UK with him, and if you are relying on your income, you must be currently in a job earning at least £18,600 and you have a UK job offer starting within 3 months of returning. If you aren't currently earning, you must return to UK first and work for at least 6 months before you can sponsor him. If you have savings worth £62,500, you don't need current job or job offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your detailed reply.

So there is no way we both go together to the UK. I first have to find a job and earn for a period of 6 months then apply for a spouse visa?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
The only way for you to go to UK together is if you are currently in a job in Qatar earning £18,600 minimum and you have a UK job offer. Or you have savings to the set amount. Or your husband can qualify for a visa in his own right, such as study or sponsored work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.