Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,So basically I want to move to the United States of America,In Specifics Alabama...I run my own successful company and I want to move to America to live and continue my business...what would be my best options to getting a visa to fulfil my dreams and what visa's would be applicable to my personal circumstances?? any help would be HUGELY APPRECIATED,email me back

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You haven't given your personal circumstances.:confused:

What's your company's turnover? How long has it been trading? How many people does it employ? Could it be run without you there? How much capital have you got?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You haven't given your personal circumstances.:confused:

What's your company's turnover? How long has it been trading? How many people does it employ? Could it be run without you there? How much capital have you got?

Okay, My personal circumstances are as follows.

Company Turnover per annum: £145,000
only been in business 2 years
its a self employed business,no employee's
it could be run without me there,so long as i hired an co-executor to the company

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Okay, My personal circumstances are as follows.

Company Turnover per annum: £145,000
only been in business 2 years
its a self employed business,no employee's
it could be run without me there,so long as i hired an co-executor to the company
Doubt the business is substantial enough to qualify for an L1.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doubt the business is substantial enough to qualify for an L1.
Define what would be substancial enough to qualift for an L1??
i mean by next summer,the company projections have predicted the business to be a multi-million pound company

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Define what would be substancial enough to qualift for an L1??
i mean by next summer,the company projections have predicted the business to be a multi-million pound company
You need some employees and a suitable company structure to support those employees to have a hope of getting an L1 visa. Don't forget that the visa came about for the likes of Microsoft and General Motors to move their staff to the US. Whilst you don't need to be in that league, a one-man band probably ain't going to do it.

You can look at the E2, too, if you think you have a good business plan. But applications through London usually expect at least a couple of hundred k on the table, more than the L1. In addition, the journey to living here permanently is more complicated.

If the company becomes mutli-million dollar, your worries are at an end. You can just buy a green card on an EB5 ticket and do whatever you like once you get here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:ranger:
You need some employees and a suitable company structure to support those employees to have a hope of getting an L1 visa. Don't forget that the visa came about for the likes of Microsoft and General Motors to move their staff to the US. Whilst you don't need to be in that league, a one-man band probably ain't going to do it.

You can look at the E2, too, if you think you have a good business plan. But applications through London usually expect at least a couple of hundred k on the table, more than the L1. In addition, the journey to living here permanently is more complicated.

If the company becomes mutli-million dollar, your worries are at an end. You can just buy a green card on an EB5 ticket and do whatever you like once you get here.

How much does an EB5 Ticket cost?
so what would be, in your opinion,be the best option for me to get into the USA? and how soon could i expect to get in?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Let's start from the beginning.
What triggers his urgency? Why AL? Where in AL? What kind of business are you running in UK? Do you have 500k to invest at risk?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

How much does an EB5 Ticket cost?
so what would be, in your opinion,be the best option for me to get into the USA? and how soon could i expect to get in?
EB5 costs $0.5M or $1M -- two totally different programs. The cheaper program is due to sunset (expire) soon, but Congress keep giving it another 6 months of life every time this happens. Whether they will this time is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EB5 costs $0.5M or $1M -- two totally different programs. The cheaper program is due to sunset (expire) soon, but Congress keep giving it another 6 months of life every time this happens. Whether they will this time is anyone's guess.

$0.5 :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!! I COULD BUY MY OWN DAMN COUNTRY FOR THAT LOL

i could probably get in on an R Visa,because Im a monk also

:ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger:

·
Registered
6,370 Posts

:ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger:
Time for reality 101 and some serious homework.
Back to my questions ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Time for reality 101 and some serious homework.
Back to my questions ...
Sorry in all seriousness, I do run my own company, I also have a National Diploma in Applied Science,and a National Diploma in Applied Science Forensics

Would this help at all

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Even with an L they'd expect (beyond the lacking employees and structure), probably $100k or so of investment minimum.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Sorry in all seriousness, I do run my own company, I also have a National Diploma in Applied Science,and a National Diploma in Applied Science Forensics

Would this help at all
Not much:>)
AL - where? It is 5:20 and I had a rough day at 90F in AL:>)
Pls check your PM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not much:>)
AL - where? It is 5:20 and I had a rough day at 90F in AL:>)
Pls check your PM.
Yeah, your personal message was of some help but it seemed you were rubbing it in my face lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
A relatively easy path if genuine and you can find a sponsor. They run the fine tooth comb through you though on the lookout for any hint of fraud. But if it's kosher, a nice and easy path.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
A relatively easy path if genuine and you can find a sponsor. They run the fine tooth comb through you though on the lookout for any hint of fraud. But if it's kosher, a nice and easy path.
I offered to dig through my local network but must have hit a sore spot:>)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I offered to dig through my local network but must have hit a sore spot:>)
Just read your post on the job forum. I hope you know it's futile. Let's say I owned an English tea room and decided to sponsor you because I can't find a Merry Can who can bake scones properly.

I'm going to pay out $10k or more in fees and to lawyers, then wait around 5 years before you'll get the visa (EB3 are numerically limited) and come over and start working.

Ain't gonna happen! Sorry to be blunt and all that.

May be some hope on a internship or similar program. Marriott used to do them -- though unsure whether for chefs. Your lack of tertiary education rules most of them out.

I presume there's a love interest in Alabama. Provided it is a person of the other sex, you have one option left that usually works -- the "m" word. That or the DV if you were born in NI.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts