Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

I am a newbie to expat forum and desperately seeking advice from the experts.

I was assessed as an electronic engineer by EA on 11th Jan 2010, recently I planned to apply for PR (took a while to clear IELTS), for which I need to ASCO code to ANZSCO. This happened on 5th feb 2013.

I have lodged EOI for 189 visa on 23rd June 2013, unfortunately, after which electronics engineer was moved to pro-rate basis. With 60 points my hope of getting an invite is impossible.

Alternatively, I have submitted another set of CDR to assess my qualification as electrical engineer.

I completed my bachelor degree in electronics and communication engg and did masters in electrical and electronics engineering in victoria university, Melbourne.

As I am working as an instrumentation trainer, I am unable to bring that in for assessment.

My query is,

Is it ok to submit for another assessment, while holding an assessment in hand?
If ok, will I be assessed as an electrical engineer irrespective of my bachelor qualification? In other words, is assessment result is based on qualification, or the CDR we submit.
If as per qualification, whether it is based on Bachelor or masters?
Please shed some light on the above queries
Regards,
Alex.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hi buddy.

if ur into instrumentation..

you need to assess yourself as plant / production engineer.

check my signature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I am not working as a instrumentation engineer, but as a trainer. So I am afraid I cannot assess my experience.

If ok, will I be assessed as an electrical engineer irrespective of my bachelor qualification? In other words, is assessment result is based on qualification, or the CDR we submit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi

I am not working as a instrumentation engineer, but as a trainer. So I am afraid I cannot assess my experience.

Both. But ur cdr is an imp deciding factor..

·
Registered
19 Posts
HI Friends !

I am expecting some Expert advice on my situation.

I 've sent my CDR application ( 233513 ) which was received by EA on 2-Jan-2014. ( DHL )

06-Jan-2014 : Later I realized My credit card was cancelled due to New RBI Rules, SO, I wrote a mail to EA explaining the reason for my credit card status and also sent them a new application ( Scan ) with New credit card details.

I got an automated reply saying, we will get back to you in 2-3 days,.

16-Jan-2014 : But Its more than 10days now. I Haven't got any reply yet.

I don't really know what had happened to my 150 pages CDR application ?

Would you advise me to give a call to EA and check the status ?

Or should I wait ? Am confused .... Please help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts