Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have lodged the 176 app. I do not have a Birth certificate.
I however have my Class X CBSE marksheet that shows details of my date of birth. I was under the impression that I could use it,
but the website says "If your country of birth does not issue birth certificates, please provide written notification stating this, and provide your country's equivalent documentation"

As I am currently in Australia now, please suggest what are my options of getting a doco that I can provide as an equivalent combination ?

Any help would be great !! thanks.

G

·
If your country issues birth certificate you must provide one.
But what do you have that shows date of birth & importantly your parents names? The birth certificate proves they were your parents and helps in background checking & if you want to later sponsor them or any other family which is why the birth certificate is important.
Although other Indians will say what they have used that was acceptable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sam:

I submitted a BC from Indian high commission. Though it bases on passport info, no question was raised by my co ....

·
Registered
45 Posts
jair said:
Sam:

I submitted a BC from Indian high commission. Though it bases on passport info, no question was raised by my co ....
Sam: I also supplied the doc before co requested for it to be on safer side. But many have managed with mark sheets this issue is raised by co's on random.
:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sam: I also supplied the doc before co requested for it to be on safer side. But many have managed with mark sheets this issue is raised by co's on random.
:)
hey jair, I have the same issue. I have birth certificate but only my parents name is specified and not my name. it just has my birth certificate.

how did u get bc from Indian high commission? Can you pls elaborate the procedure?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi dreamaus:

You should be in overseas to approach high commission.

The birth certificate issued by high commission will be based on your passport details.

Again it is up to co to accept it or reject it.

If u r in India I think u can reach the corporation and include ur name with help of stat declaration and other evidences for ur name and dob eg; passport.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wonderful. Thanks for that.
To be on the safe side I shall upload
1) This Birth certificate that I shall get from the high commission
2) The Class X marksheet that has my DOB

and hope to God that all goes well

Hi Sam: I am in ACT so I went in person to the high commission and got in a day. I think u shd be able to get in counslate in the same fashion in Sydney. Think they charged 22 bucks per head.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Just get an affidavit made, infact two of them, one from you and one from your parents. the one from you says i am so and so's son/daughter and my DOB is XYZ and one form them that says XYZ is our son and his DOB is ABC..
no complications

·
Registered
45 Posts
sam.roshan said:
Wonderful. Thanks for that.
To be on the safe side I shall upload
1) This Birth certificate that I shall get from the high commission
2) The Class X marksheet that has my DOB

and hope to God that all goes well
I did so! Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah is it.

Anj - But wouldnt that mean I ll have to be in India to create an affidavit ?

My parents are in India now.. I am currently in Australia.

Can I get an Affidavit made here and my parents in India ? would that work

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes sam that would work too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.