Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a little off topic however I am in a situation where I need to get my renewed passport max by 10 DEC. Can you guys please throw in your suggestions in order for me to achieve this seemingly impossible task.

Thanks

G

·
Do you guys not have a pay for priority service or one where you can queue, sit & wait rather than normal slow service?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tatkal service is supposed to be that however i am unable to get an appointment for it and there is not walk in service available. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
This maybe a little off topic however I am in a situation where I need to get my renewed passport max by 10 DEC. Can you guys please throw in your suggestions in order for me to achieve this seemingly impossible task.

Thanks
You can apply under tatkaal; as long as you have two present address proofs. You should get the PP in your hands within 3 days (source: personal experience)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tatkal service is supposed to be that however i am unable to get an appointment for it and there is not walk in service available. :(
There is.

You need to go to the regional passport office (not the passport seva kendras) between 9:30 to 12 in the morning with the documents. They would give you a stamp on your ARN (printed from the net) with which you can walk into the PSKs between 9:30 to 11 AM within the next 3 days.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is.

You need to go to the regional passport office (not the passport seva kendras) between 9:30 to 12 in the morning with the documents. They would give you a stamp on your ARN (printed from the net) with which you can walk into the PSKs between 9:30 to 11 AM within the next 3 days.
Thanks a lot mate, this information definitely helps. But can this be done even if i have an appointment for few days later or is it to be done only in case i am not getting an appointment?
Also in the above scenario it effectively means 28th i can get an appointment in PSK. Any particular reasons i need to quote in RPO? I will try today at 6.30pm to get an appointment.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got an appointment for the 28th morning. do you think i still can make it by the 10th?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Got an appointment for the 28th morning. do you think i still can make it by the 10th?
Yes its possible. Recently, we changed name of my wife in passport. Once application was filed, we received new passport in 1 week.

Also, it depends on Police Clearance. My wife got call to come from Police station and was asked to report. We went there, they verified all the docs. next, a police inspector came to house in evening to verify. After, his approval, passport was dispatched quickly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes its possible. Recently, we changed name of my wife in passport. Once application was filed, we received new passport in 1 week.

Also, it depends on Police Clearance. My wife got call to come from Police station and was asked to report. We went there, they verified all the docs. next, a police inspector came to house in evening to verify. After, his approval, passport was dispatched quickly.
Thanks for the encouragement. somewhere i read for tatkal candidates the police verification is done post issue of passport, is that correct?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. somewhere i read for tatkal candidates the police verification is done post issue of passport, is that correct?
Both are done in parallel. For my wife, once application was submitted status was - Your application is approved. We have sent your passport for printing.. As we applied for police clearance status was - Awaiting Police Clearance Certificate. Your application is approved. We have sent your passport for printing.. Last one was - Your passport is dispatched via bla bla speed post number.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both are done in parallel. For my wife, once application was submitted status was - Your application is approved. We have sent your passport for printing.. As we applied for police clearance status was - Awaiting Police Clearance Certificate. Your application is approved. We have sent your passport for printing.. Last one was - Your passport is dispatched via bla bla speed post number.
Thanks again. In couple of blogs it is mentioned that we need to submit 2 address proofs, some annexure f and i documents etc. When i enquired today in psk he asked me to get bank statement and hr letter along with company id xerox and thats it.

Can u pls advise.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks again. In couple of blogs it is mentioned that we need to submit 2 address proofs, some annexure f and i documents etc. When i enquired today in psk he asked me to get bank statement and hr letter along with company id xerox and thats it.

Can u pls advise.
PSK person is right. Those docs should work :)

Reactions: josh.machine

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to update everyone, i found an agent through google who has some inside contacts and helped me secure a renewed passport within 3 days.
so all worked out well, if anyone is in a similar situation, do drop me a mail for Bangalore contact details

1 - 13 of 13 Posts