Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am in the process of gathering and searching my form 16 and ITR's from the start of my career way back in 2007 till date. (in Indian context)

A) Can anybody tell what is the process, let's say to backfile ITR for 2009,2010 no matter if the salary was not enough to be taxable or not.
B) Let's say if I file past ITR's now, will it be acceptable by DIBP, in case I receive invite and I file after few months down the line.
C) I worked for 3 years in a company, but I only have form 16 for the last year in the company, not for the initial 2 years, is it ok?? can it cause any delay/issue during VISA application later.

If only Form 16 is available but no ITR and vice versa..is it ok??

Because of the lack of form 16 and ITR I am not able to claim my 6 months I worked at a company. But if I file for those days now and produce it as an evidence to DIBP...not sure it will be considered legitimate or not.
PLease guys, any feedback on this is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of gathering and searching my form 16 and ITR's from the start of my career way back in 2007 till date. (in Indian context)

A) Can anybody tell what is the process, let's say to backfile ITR for 2009,2010 no matter if the salary was not enough to be taxable or not.

B) Let's say if I file past ITR's now, will it be acceptable by DIBP, in case I receive invite and I file after few months down the line.

C) I worked for 3 years in a company, but I only have form 16 for the last year in the company, not for the initial 2 years, is it ok?? can it cause any delay/issue during VISA application later.

Because of the lack of form 16 and ITR I am not able to claim my 6 months I worked at a company. But if I file for those days now and produce it as an evidence to DIBP...not sure it will be considered legitimate or not.

Thanks.

Tax records are a third party docs which are an additional evidence of your paid employment. You can provide alternatives like salary deposits in your bank statements if Tax records are not available.
You should be able to claim points for periods which can be confirmed by your employer in their reference letter, and you have evidence of payments such as payslips and bank statements, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Tax records are a third party docs which are an additional evidence of your paid employment. You can provide alternatives like salary deposits in your bank statements if Tax records are not available.
You should be able to claim points for periods which can be confirmed by your employer in their reference letter, and you have evidence of payments such as payslips and bank statements, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy...i was worried because I saw one old post on forum where someone posted that CO asked for ITR ..so i was thinking maybe it is kind of mandatory....i guess it shud be ok I have bank stmnts and salary slips..thanks!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Try to download form 26A. Its online. Available for last 7 or 8 years

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to download form 26A. Its online. Available for last 7 or 8 years
Ok bro..let me try to download if its avaiable, from income tax site..?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, government website, dont rememver exact name. Form 26AS - income tax certificate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts