Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am married to a guy who lives in America on a greencard. I have recently discovered he has been unfaithful whilst waiting for his visa and consequently I do not want him to come to England.

I want to cancel the visa as it has not been issued because he is meant to do an English test to prove he can speak English/

I don't have the reference number that was given to him, he won't give it me. I am his sponsor on the visa so I wish to withdraw my support. I know he applied at the New York embassy.

How can I go about canceling this before it is too late. Our marriage is clearly in melt down and I don't want an unfaithful husband near me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Since you are the sponsor, you I assume should have say in whether he comes to the UK or not after all the visa he will be issued is on the basis of your marriage.

I suggest couple of options:

1. Why not go to WorldBridge website which is affiliated to the UKBA and send them an Email Enquiry or Suggestion with your husband's name. Date of Birth, Home address in the USA etc. Let them know you would like to withdraw your sponsorship due to him being unfaithful to you.

2. Click to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/usa/contact/?langname=UK English where you can send your complain to the UKBA in NY directly with same information as stated above.

I don't believe his reference number is required to identify him. Send this information even if he is issued a visa. Beside remember at the end of the day, you are the sponsor and I doubt he can have much freedom in the UK without your support in the UK.

Make sure you also provide your contact details so in case they want to verify the authenticity of your complain.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
18,094 Posts
Hey,

I am married to a guy who lives in America on a greencard. I have recently discovered he has been unfaithful whilst waiting for his visa and consequently I do not want him to come to England.

I want to cancel the visa as it has not been issued because he is meant to do an English test to prove he can speak English/

I don't have the reference number that was given to him, he won't give it me. I am his sponsor on the visa so I wish to withdraw my support. I know he applied at the New York embassy.

How can I go about canceling this before it is too late. Our marriage is clearly in melt down and I don't want an unfaithful husband near me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If there has been a change in your relationship, like the breakdown of the marriage, you need to notify the Home Office.

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Expect UKBA to do some verification before acting on your tip-off, as they need to be sure it's not a hoax. These things happen from disgruntled ex, jilted lover or someone with a grudge etc.
Email to WorldBridge is probably the best course of action. Expect them to come back to you asking for some evidence of your identity etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.