Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have received the SS nomination from NSW. However, when I added my experience in EOI. I mentioned as start from August 2008.
In my ACS assessment, it is mentioned as "

"The following employment after August 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code."
Dates: 08/08 - 05/11 (2yrs 9mths)
Position: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Employer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dates: 06/11 - 07/13 (2yrs 1mths)
Position: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Employer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now, as I have submitted my EOI as per my experience which actually started from 2008 and have received the nomination as well.
Can anyone help me, if it is ok to accept the invite and submit the documents whatever I have?
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi ankg,
What I understand is if you have considered your experience starting 2008 makes your exp more than 5 years and you might have claimed points for that. But as per acs as they mentioned experience after August 2010 that means you had to mention relevant experience starting sep 2010.
Which would mean your actual skilled exp will be less than 5 years. So you get lesser points. Claiming extra points means your visa may be rejected at the later stage this can be a very costly mistake. What I think you need to do is let this invite expire and then lodge. A fresh EOI.

Hello Everyone,

I have received the SS nomination from NSW. However, when I added my experience in EOI. I mentioned as start from August 2008.
In my ACS assessment, it is mentioned as "

"The following employment after August 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code."
Dates: 08/08 - 05/11 (2yrs 9mths)
Position: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Employer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dates: 06/11 - 07/13 (2yrs 1mths)
Position: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Employer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now, as I have submitted my EOI as per my experience which actually started from 2008 and have received the nomination as well.
Can anyone help me, if it is ok to accept the invite and submit the documents whatever I have?
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You should only have included the employment AFTER Aug 2010 as relevant for claiming points. You risk having your visa application refused if you proceed with this invitation. DIBP don't grant refunds for making innocent mistakes, so it could be an expensive problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts