Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guyz, I will be applying for a GSM 176 visa soon (hopefully using NSW state sponsorship) In this regard I have a few questions and will be highly obliged if someone could answer them in a bit detail.

I may be asking too many questions but I am a newcomer to this forum and to the GSM 176 process so I will be highly thankful if you guyz can patiently respond to some of my dumb queries.

At this point in time, I have sent the NSW State Sponosorship application request form to NSW and it will hopefully be reaching them in a day or two. I am aware that it would take NSW anywhere between 1 week to 4 weeks to process my case.

Please note that I have not opened up an online GSM 176 application on ImmiAU E-Visa as I am still waiting to see whether NSW accepts my state sponsorship request or not.

Q.1) What happens if NSW accepts my state sponsorship request? Can someone please elaborate exactly what would happen from there on? Will NSW send me a letter if yes will this be by email or post? Also, will they send me an empty form 1100 in which i will have to fill in details and send it back to them? (Again will this be email or post)?

Q.2) What documents will NSW send to DIAC to confirm my state sponsorship? Will this be something called Form 1100? If yes, how will NSW send it to DIAC? Will they send it to DIAC by post/email or will they enter it online on E-Visa portal if I intend to file GSM 176 visa online?

Q.3) Is it necessary that if I intend to apply for GSM 176 online, then NSW also needs to submit form 1100 for me online on the E-Visa portal? I am asking this because DIAC's official website says the following:

"
Note: If you lodge your visa application online your sponsor must also complete an online form. You must lodge your visa application before your sponsor can complete and submit an online sponsorship application.
"

Does'nt the above imply that in case of online GSM 176 application, NSW's only option is to submit my form 1100 on the online E-Visa portal? NSW cannot send it by post or email to DIAC?

Q.4) Since I can only open up and lodge a GSM 176 visa application once I get the State sponsorship, then how can NSW enter my TRN / File Number in the Form 1100 before I have submitted my GSM 176 application?

Q.5) What will be the deadline for NSW to submit form 1100 to DIAC? I thought they could submit it after I have lodged my GSM 176 visa alongwith payment and received my TRN and communicated it to NSW? But the link below seems to suggest that Form 1100 needs to be submitted before GSM 176 visa application is lodged? If this is not the case then why was the person in the below url rejected a visa on these grounds?

wwwDOTexpatforumDOTcom/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/89930-lodged-176-year-ago-just-received-invalid-application-response-2.html

"
This application was made as an Internet application on 5 September 2010.
Form 1277 was provided on 13 September 2010 however the sponsorship was entered into on Form 1277 after the day in which the application was made.
As the applicant has not met the sub item requirement by providing Form 1277 at time the application was made, this application is invalid under Item 1135(3)(ca)
"

Q.6) Can someone please provide me a step by step guide for GSM 176 visa? I need answers to questions such as When can i start filling in the 176 application? What is the process? What documents are required? Using what means and When can I pay the fees and lodge the visa application? When can i/nsw attach form 1100? Can I start the application before I have confirmation from NSW over acceptance of my state sponsorship? Will the online application not expire in 28 days?

Q.7) Does DIAC require that the applicant necessarily attach his/her spouse's IELTS score at the time of application? Can't it be left out initially and provided to the case office once he/she asks for it? (For example what if the applicant's spouse has not given the IELTS yet?)

Q.8) Is it neccessary for the applicant to enter spouse and children passport numbers in the 176 application at the time of filing or can these be provided later on when the case officer requests them? (For example what if the applicant's spouse of children don't have their passports yet?)

Best Regards,

RX

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh. So many questions. I'm on my way to the office, so I'll be a bit brief.

Do not worry about form 1100. Once you get your state sponsorship, that's through a post and not email, you will be given a form that comes in that same post. You fill that form with the TRN and send it to NSW via email or post. NSW then fills form 1100 and sends (how, I got no idea) it to DIAC. You get a email confirmation from NSW that they have sent form 1100. So, do not even worry about 1100.

You get 28 days to submit all your documents after filing for the visa. So you upload your spouse's IELTS test result within these 28 days. And yes, you need to give all the passport numbers when you fill the online visa application. This cannot be done later on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh. So many questions. I'm on my way to the office, so I'll be a bit brief.

Do not worry about form 1100. Once you get your state sponsorship, that's through a post and not email, you will be given a form that comes in that same post. You fill that form with the TRN and send it to NSW via email or post. NSW then fills form 1100 and sends (how, I got no idea) it to DIAC. You get a email confirmation from NSW that they have sent form 1100. So, do not even worry about 1100.

You get 28 days to submit all your documents after filing for the visa. So you upload your spouse's IELTS test result within these 28 days. And yes, you need to give all the passport numbers when you fill the online visa application. This cannot be done later on.
I have been told by many forum members here that I can submit spouse Ielts Result later on (even after 28 days deadline). Just when they ask for Medicals and PCC... They will ask for Spouse Ielts Result or Second Installment. Is it correct?

Read this thread as a proof:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...se-ielts-result-require-logging-176-visa.html

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi guyz, I will be applying for a GSM 176 visa soon (hopefully using NSW state sponsorship) In this regard I have a few questions and will be highly obliged if someone could answer them in a bit detail.

I may be asking too many questions but I am a newcomer to this forum and to the GSM 176 process so I will be highly thankful if you guyz can patiently respond to some of my dumb queries.

At this point in time, I have sent the NSW State Sponosorship application request form to NSW and it will hopefully be reaching them in a day or two. I am aware that it would take NSW anywhere between 1 week to 4 weeks to process my case.

Please note that I have not opened up an online GSM 176 application on ImmiAU E-Visa as I am still waiting to see whether NSW accepts my state sponsorship request or not.

Q.1) What happens if NSW accepts my state sponsorship request? Can someone please elaborate exactly what would happen from there on? Will NSW send me a letter if yes will this be by email or post? Also, will they send me an empty form 1100 in which i will have to fill in details and send it back to them? (Again will this be email or post)?

Q.2) What documents will NSW send to DIAC to confirm my state sponsorship? Will this be something called Form 1100? If yes, how will NSW send it to DIAC? Will they send it to DIAC by post/email or will they enter it online on E-Visa portal if I intend to file GSM 176 visa online?

Q.3) Is it necessary that if I intend to apply for GSM 176 online, then NSW also needs to submit form 1100 for me online on the E-Visa portal? I am asking this because DIAC's official website says the following:

"
Note: If you lodge your visa application online your sponsor must also complete an online form. You must lodge your visa application before your sponsor can complete and submit an online sponsorship application.
"

Does'nt the above imply that in case of online GSM 176 application, NSW's only option is to submit my form 1100 on the online E-Visa portal? NSW cannot send it by post or email to DIAC?

Q.4) Since I can only open up and lodge a GSM 176 visa application once I get the State sponsorship, then how can NSW enter my TRN / File Number in the Form 1100 before I have submitted my GSM 176 application?

Q.5) What will be the deadline for NSW to submit form 1100 to DIAC? I thought they could submit it after I have lodged my GSM 176 visa alongwith payment and received my TRN and communicated it to NSW? But the link below seems to suggest that Form 1100 needs to be submitted before GSM 176 visa application is lodged? If this is not the case then why was the person in the below url rejected a visa on these grounds?

wwwDOTexpatforumDOTcom/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/89930-lodged-176-year-ago-just-received-invalid-application-response-2.html

"
This application was made as an Internet application on 5 September 2010.
Form 1277 was provided on 13 September 2010 however the sponsorship was entered into on Form 1277 after the day in which the application was made.
As the applicant has not met the sub item requirement by providing Form 1277 at time the application was made, this application is invalid under Item 1135(3)(ca)
"

Q.6) Can someone please provide me a step by step guide for GSM 176 visa? I need answers to questions such as When can i start filling in the 176 application? What is the process? What documents are required? Using what means and When can I pay the fees and lodge the visa application? When can i/nsw attach form 1100? Can I start the application before I have confirmation from NSW over acceptance of my state sponsorship? Will the online application not expire in 28 days?

Q.7) Does DIAC require that the applicant necessarily attach his/her spouse's IELTS score at the time of application? Can't it be left out initially and provided to the case office once he/she asks for it? (For example what if the applicant's spouse has not given the IELTS yet?)

Q.8) Is it neccessary for the applicant to enter spouse and children passport numbers in the 176 application at the time of filing or can these be provided later on when the case officer requests them? (For example what if the applicant's spouse of children don't have their passports yet?)

Best Regards,

RX
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Answers to your questions below:

1. As mentioned above, approval for NSW SS seems to be sent via post.

2. I am not sure how NSW will send the form 1100 to DIAC but you do not have to worry about this. They will intimate you when they have sent the form over to DIAC.

3. After you finish paying the fees for your visa application, you would receive a TRN. Just inform NSW of your TRN and they would take care of the form 1100. You will have to do nothing after letting NSW know of your TRN.

4. As mentioned earlier, NSW will submit the form only after you provide them your TRN.

5. I am not sure about the deadline, but the sponsoring state usually submit the form pretty quickly once you let them know of your TRN.

6. You can search this forum for info on the required docs and other formalities required for completing your 176 application. To be honest the application is not complicated though it is a bit time consuming one especially if you have travelled & lived in multiple countries in the last 10 years.

You can start filling your application but DO NOT submit it till you have the letter stating that your SS is approved. You need to fill up all the required fields on the application and pay the fees to complete the submission. Once you pay the fees, you will get an automated email after 24 hours with the link to upload the required docs.

7. Yes, you can provide proof of English language ability for your spuse once CO asks for it. You do not have to provide it with in the first 28 days.

8. Yes, Passport is needed for all the applicants on the visa application (including secondary applicants).

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Answers to your questions below:

1. As mentioned above, approval for NSW SS seems to be sent via post.

2. I am not sure how NSW will send the form 1100 to DIAC but you do not have to worry about this. They will intimate you when they have sent the form over to DIAC.

3. After you finish paying the fees for your visa application, you would receive a TRN. Just inform NSW of your TRN and they would take care of the form 1100. You will have to do nothing after letting NSW know of your TRN.

4. As mentioned earlier, NSW will submit the form only after you provide them your TRN.

5. I am not sure about the deadline, but the sponsoring state usually submit the form pretty quickly once you let them know of your TRN.

6. You can search this forum for info on the required docs and other formalities required for completing your 176 application. To be honest the application is not complicated though it is a bit time consuming one especially if you have travelled & lived in multiple countries in the last 10 years.

You can start filling your application but DO NOT submit it till you have the letter stating that your SS is approved. You need to fill up all the required fields on the application and pay the fees to complete the submission. Once you pay the fees, you will get an automated email after 24 hours with the link to upload the required docs.

7. Yes, you can provide proof of English language ability for your spuse once CO asks for it. You do not have to provide it with in the first 28 days.

8. Yes, Passport is needed for all the applicants on the visa application (including secondary applicants).

Good Luck!!
just to correct coolsnake.. NSW will send you approval letter. You have to fill the attachement (A form) and have to send it back to the NSW through email. In that form there is a field named TRN Number (The one you will have after submitting online visa application). NSW people will send form 1100 to the DIAC after you send them back the filled form.

when attaching the docuemenst to your online visa, Attach this approval letter as the evidence of SS.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guyz,

Thank you so much for the replies (and pardon me for my late reply)

I had applied for NSW state sponsorship on 19th May 2012 and got ACK on 21st May 2012.
Have not received any letter / nomination so far. Please pray for me. Only 12 days left in June 30 deadline :-(

Seems as though Mr. MsVayani was the last person on this forum to get the letter. Very lucky person indeed :)

MsVayani,

Can you please pm me your cell phone number. I am from your country and would like to have few details about the application process. Kindly pm me you cell phone number.

Regards,

RockerX

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,
I have a question. I applied online through an agent for visa 176 (SS). My stats are

applied in Oct 2011 - case officer assigned Nov 2011 - case officer asked to complete form 80 for spouse as for some weird reason the form 80 was showing incomplete in the "list". So we completed it again and sent it back within 2 days.

Now in June 2012 they have again started asking me various questions relating to my Spouse's form 80 which were answered instantly.

I just need to know is there any reason to worry or sometimes its a normal practice?

regards,
Nad

·
Registered
177 Posts
its not normal that they are asking you these questions. Maybe both the form80 has major differences in terms of information.

Hi All,
I have a question. I applied online through an agent for visa 176 (SS). My stats are

applied in Oct 2011 - case officer assigned Nov 2011 - case officer asked to complete form 80 for spouse as for some weird reason the form 80 was showing incomplete in the "list". So we completed it again and sent it back within 2 days.

Now in June 2012 they have again started asking me various questions relating to my Spouse's form 80 which were answered instantly.

I just need to know is there any reason to worry or sometimes its a normal practice?

regards,
Nad

·
Registered
18 Posts
its not normal that they are asking you these questions. Maybe both the form80 has major differences in terms of information.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

If you think its not normal would you advice me what should i do? is there any thing i can do?

i am just worried.

will be glad if you can give me a suggestion.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you should have both copies of form80 (old and new) with you. Go through them and check for differences and prepare yourself to give an explanation in case if your co asks for an explanation.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

If you think its not normal would you advice me what should i do? is there any thing i can do?

i am just worried.

will be glad if you can give me a suggestion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you should have both copies of form80 (old and new) with you. Go through them and check for differences and prepare yourself to give an explanation in case if your co asks for an explanation.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i have done that part already (comparing old and new form 80 of spouse). the answers were same.

The case officer is asking me explanations for instance questions like how the applicant spent his time? how did he support himself during the time he was studying?

We are giving detailed answers for that and now after the questions there is no reply from the case officer. Its been few days.

should i ask my agent to contact the CO????

·
Registered
177 Posts
In my opinion you should wait for your CO to contact you. If both the form80 are same then you don't have to worry.

By the way in which stage of your Visa application process are you?..
I mean Before security checks or after security checks?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i have done that part already (comparing old and new form 80 of spouse). the answers were same.

The case officer is asking me explanations for instance questions like how the applicant spent his time? how did he support himself during the time he was studying?

We are giving detailed answers for that and now after the questions there is no reply from the case officer. Its been few days.

should i ask my agent to contact the CO????

·
Registered
153 Posts
I lodged a paper based 175 application in may 2009 and since then there was no movement in it, last month I applied for NSW SS and it came out successful. NSW SS dept has sent form 1100 to DIAC(an approval of the sponsorship). Now what my lawyer told me was DIAC will change the 175 visa into 176 state sponsored and CO allocation will be done in 4-6 weeks. But when I looked into the allocation time frames information in this link Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications , allocation has not commenced for priority 5 applicants with 176(state sponsored), I am currently in priority 5, that means nothing is gonna happen to my application even after 4-6 weeks I believe. please correct me if Im missin out some info or let me know what my situation is gonna be..

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my opinion you should wait for your CO to contact you. If both the form80 are same then you don't have to worry.

By the way in which stage of your Visa application process are you?..
I mean Before security checks or after security checks?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

My time line is

IELTS (scored 8 over all) - Nov 2010

ACT SS REFUSED due to insufficient funds (waiver not given as promised by my agent) May 2011

WA SS accepted - Sep 2011

Applied online - Oct 2011

CO assigned - Nov 2011
FORM 80 for spouse completed again and sent - Nov 2011

In May 2012 when i asked my agent to follow up with CO, they replied that "Internal Check are underway"

In June The CO started asking questions relating to Spouse Form 80.

I am not sure if we are through the security checks.

What do you think?

Regards,
Nadia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
it is one month I am in AU with 176 visa which sponsored by NT. till now I could not find job here in NT and just received a job offer from perth.
NT does not allow me to leave. what will happen if I leave without release note?
thanks guys for your clarifying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.